Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Great Day at Mount Vernon!

Here we go....climbin' into ole Dixie..but first a trip to the gas station to fill 'er up -
Yikes!!

WAAAAA!!!!!

Now that I've turned over my life savings and my firstborn to pay for gas, let's mosey on up the road a bit to Mount Vernon - home of my George Washington. Maybe he'll be there ((swoon))!

Let's take of the important stuff first - lunch! I meet Meredith, my tour guide at the Mount Vernon Inn. Everything served here is raised and grown from the Mount Vernon farm.
They won't let me take pictures inside, but here it is from the front - Mount Vernon mansion.
every girl loves a drummer

me 'n GeorgeMartha Washington was entertaining a group of school children when we found her. She so graciously allowed me to have my picture taken with her. A big thank you to Meredith for taking time out of her day to give me the private tour. If you'd like to make a trip to beautiful Mount Vernon, Virginia give her a call at 703-799-6833. Tell her the Hillbilly Debutante sent ya!

No comments: