Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I am happier than a pig in mud!!

(courtesy of Christmascitybbq.com)

Tomorrow's Dixie road trip will be to Mount Vernon, the historic home of our first President. Now, for those of you who don't know I, Kathie Bishop Truitt, am completely and utterly obsessed and in love with George Washington. Truly, madly, deeply.
Isn't he handsome?
Why, you ask? I ask why not? He was the father of our country - our very first President - the first George W. He was a man of high moral standards who cared passionately about the future of this country. He dedicated his life to securing our freedom. Although, he was the first President, he cared more about going down in history as a great farmer. What, I ask you is there not to love? Oh, and on TOP of all that - he was known as great horseman!! Gotta love a guy like that. So, join me tomorrow as we load up ole Dixie and head south down the GW Parkway to historic Mount Vernon. We'll get the private tour thanks to my good buddy, Meredith! 10-4, good buddies!

3 comments:

Sisiggy said...

Since you love GW so much, you've got to come out to the Shenandoah Valley, Winchester specifically, since he's the one who surveyed the whole area. His office is still in Winchester.

You're in a great part of the country for road trips!

Kathie Truitt said...

That's a great idea!! I'll be out of commission for a few weeks due to some surgery - but I'll plan for that later in the summer. You'll have to send me a map or give me some points of interest!! Thanks a bunch sig - I can call you 'sig' can't I?? Kathie

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh, I am a GEORGE WASHINGTON fan, too! The story of his life...goodness. Besides that, our last name is GEORGE!

I want to go to Mt. Vernon with you! pravoev

And, just so you know, we have a "Dixie", too. Just for road trips. And she's red. And I love her. And I'll be keepin' her as long as I possibly can, or until Obama outlaws her and then I'll have to find a place to hide her or register her as an historic vehicle...she's taken us LOTS of places!