Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This is my dream ride!! I have a picture of it pasted on my mirror, on my refrigerator, even by my desk at work! When I lay my head down at night this is where I go - I am driving my truck with my Husky/Lab mix Sally hanging her head out one window and my miniature schnautzer Violet on my lap with her head out the other window. If it's a really cool dream I'm pullin' a matching vintage horse trailer. Yes, I will have this truck one day. But for now... Dixie


I'm perfectly satisfied with "Hillbilly Deluxe", lovingly referred to as Dixie. I first spotted her with a "FOR SALE" sign sitting across the street in the neighbors driveway. I begged Jay to let me have it. To which he replied "You have a perfectly good car that and it's already paid for."
True. I hate it when he's practical.


However, every mornin' the first thing I saw when I'd look out my window was Dixie. After about 3 months I figured if God hadn't wanted me to have that suburban He would have sent my neighbors a buyer by now. Besides, I thought, if I could have it and gradually restore it over time I'd just be one step away from vintage truck. Restoring an old suburban would be like 'practice' for the truck - makes sense, don't ya think? Forget it - it took me another 3 months of begging. But because he is so sweet and he loves me beyond belief (okay, he got sick 'n tired of me buggin' him day in and day out) he said "YES!"
This ole' girl runs like a dream - she can keep up with anything on the highway - and notice her brand new tires!! I love her!! And she is definitely more 'me' than a silly old Mercedes - and ya gotta admit - it so much cooler to shop the flea markets, thrift and antique stores in this, not to mention all the antiques and good finds I can pack in the back! Check back later for some"Dixie" road trip pictures!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

ohhhhhhhh! that pick-up is my dream car too...one of them...only i want air conditioning, seatbelts and a light, light blue color...with vintage quilts fashioned into seatcovers! love it! thanks for visiting me...

are you from missouri? just wondering...

blessings!

Kathie Truitt said...

Hi Ashley - yes I am from Missouri. El dorado Springs. I now live in the Washington DC metro area. I am so homesick!

Kathie

Mersea said...

I'm looking for a scooter...