Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hillbilly Debutante is out for a few days....

Well, actually I'm in for a few days. Can I let you in on a little secret? (Some of you already know this.) But....I'm working on a novel. I'm kind of going out on a limb a little bit by telling you this when it's not quite done (I'm on Chapter 9). It's going to the publisher by the end of July (Yikes - it's already June!)
The publisher is interested -when I told her a few years ago what was going on in my life she suggested I write about it and send the manuscript - but made no promises.

Am I nervous? Oh, yeah. I've had articles published. I've written news stories, ad copy - even written an award-winning slogan. But never a book. It's fiction based on a true story. It's based on something that happened to our family that I still can't believe happened - you wouldn't even believe it if I told you. But those who do know about it, have insisted - no pushed me to write about it. You know who you are - so here I am.

I am asking my friends that know me and love me to pray for me. Writing a book is hard - regardless of how exciting, scary and bizarre the plot is. The second half is harder because we have to relive what happened. I say we because to write it is to go over it again in my head which puts me in a bad mood. And my family knows this - but yet they keep encouraging me.
So, give me a few days to get some more chapters under my belt, and I'll be back before you know it! By the way - got the 'all-clear' from my doctor earlier in the week and I can start driving again. You know what that means - DIXIE ROAD TRIP!!!!!
(by the way - I love to hear from y'all. Please leave comments. I can use all the love I can get right now!!)

2 comments:

Kim - Happy @ Home said...

Good luck on writing your book. It sounds like it will be interesting.
Your previous post on June Cleaver was great. I think what you had to say is so true and the pictures were awesome. Love that show.

Hugs,
Kim

Katydid said...

Well I read your blog all the way through ( I usually don't do that). Anyway, If your book is anything like your blog it will be very interesting.
Good luck!
Kelly