Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh, my goodness - Dixie Road Trip deluxe!!!!


The very first day Mama got here we dusted off ole Dixie (it's been a while since she's been driven), and sure 'nuf, she cranked right up - just like new.

The very first place we stopped was Mama's favorite thrift store - "The Williamsburg Thrift Store" in Lorton, Virginia (I don't know why they call it the "Williamsburg" when it's in Lorton - why don't they call it the "Lorton Thrift store?"). Anyway -

They have everything from furniture to clothes (nice) to books and all kinds of cute collectibles and dishes (which are my weakness). And while this pretty pink set of dishes would be really


nice to use outside - do I really need yet another set of dishes (I already have 4)? No. Bye-bye pretty dishes ((sigh)).


However, as usual, Mama found some things. (By the way, don't you just love her purse?) Now - on to the next stop, which is.....

My favorite! This is a HUGE store on the corner of Sherwood Hall and Richmond Highway in Alexandria, Virginia. I always have good luck here. Although I'm not in the market for anything right now, let's take a peek at what's new!


Hello, dollies! (I used to love these as a kid!)


I'm coveting the beautiful blue brooch (but I'll pass this time)


I loved these, but they were 2 sizes too big (boo-hoo)

Mama modeling my new KC Chiefs cap

But I did find this Kansas City Chiefs cap! It was in the men's department - puh-lease! what man (besides Elton John) would wear a sparkly cap like this? Anyway, this was a keeper. Anyone that knows this hillbilly girl KNOWS I love bling and I love my Chiefs. Can't wait to wear it - I hope Mama doesn't think she's keepin' this!

No comments: