Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

This is me on my ride to work this morning!!!

Here's a little bit of Kathie trivia for ya' - when my children were smaller and we were still living in Missouri, I was famous for my cackling witch laugh. That's right. I know it's not nice to brag, but I can do a mighty fine witch laugh if I may say so myself.

When Will was 3 he always wanted us to drive around the neighborhood with the windows down so I could 'cackle' and scare all the young'uns as they trick or treated. Oh, yes, those were the days......

Just for fun, since it is Halloween, here are a few of my favorite 'bad girls'....

Snow White's Stepmother

Cruella de Ville

Ursulla

and my favorite bad girl of all time!! Ta Da!!



The sassy Sharon Stone

This photo must have been taken on a day when she was in a good mood since she's flashing the peace sign rather than the bird. Yes, Miss Stone can be rather cantankerous and crude at times, but I still like her. Do I wanna hang out and be friends with her? No. I like sweet, cheerful, polite people, thank you very much. But I do admire her convention-defying, 'I'll wear whatever I want even if I am 50' attitude.

You all have a safe and Happy Halloween! Take care of yourselves, don't eat too much candy and most of all - Be Safe!! ((hugs))


Heeeeheeeeheeeeeheeeee!!! (witch laugh)


4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm secretly very proud of my own witch cackle. I've been scaring my own children with it all week! Ah... the joys of motherhood!

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hi Kathie, Your comment left for me made me laugh. There are a few American words that have a different meaning in the UK, particularly the word for a ladies bottom, the USA version would be hilariously rude if you asked an english woman if you could slap 'it'!!! Your post was so funny, Sharon Stone is a 'horror'. Where does the woman get her clothes from? Funny but today my husband explained where the 'V' sign as we call it here came from (facing the opposite way to the peace sign) It was the french in the war who said they would remove those 2 fingers from the British archers so they couldnt pull their bow back to shoot an arrow. The british would then hold their two fingers up at the french in a mocking gesture. In any language it probably means the same LOL! B***** is quite old fashioned now, but its alot less harsh than the F word. Hope you had a great Halloween...Moowah ha ha (I bet thats not as good as your laugh)! X

Rhonda said...

I love the name of your blog! I'm visiting from Vintage Kitten. I'm a country girl that is still in the country but likes to visit the city (a lot). I'm very impressed you're writing a book.

Rhonda

Kathie Truitt said...

to Vintage Kitten,

I probably know the words you're talking about!!

To all of my readers - you must visit thevintagekitten.blogspot.com - it's a great read! I check in everyday, plus her graphics are just beautiful.

If I can ever grab my 14-year-old William away from the football game, I'll have him show me how to link. I STILL can't link other blogs to mine! I've linked them to where I can check them, but they still don't show up on the list for YOU to connect to them ((frustrated!!))