Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What I am Lusting for this season...

I love these cheetah flats from my favorite store - J. Crew. I have a pair of Prada zebra print, yes, I said Prada but if my husband wants to know I bought them at Wal-Mart, okay? Anyway, they're pointy toes, and I'm ready for a change! I'm thinkin' I might have to have these!

I also am lovin' this green velveteen jacket - notice the popped scalloped edge collar - very vintage and very romantic - perfect with a lace jabot and cuffs, skinny jeans and riding boots. Which speaking of skinny jeans...
I love these! Normally, these are best left to the young girls - meaning under 25, however, I like to wear a long belted jacket, with boots or ballet flats. Also, and I know this sounds wierd, but I get lots of compliments when I do this, I like to wear a dress with them. I have a black dress that I absolutely love but it is too short for me to wear by itself. I don't do leggings. (Although I have seen some women my age that can pull it off those women are few and far between.) Anyway, a very casual above knee dress looks good, or a longer jacket that covers my problem areas. Great for a night out when you want to look cute but still be comfortable.
This one makes me cry!! I love it but it's just not for me!! Even when I'm skinny, I still have big bahonkers, so I have to be very, very careful with the preppy look - it tends to make me look frumpy. But, I think if you have the arms for this, anyone, regardless of age can wear it! Just not me. Unless I have breast reduction surgery. Then I'd be husbandless.

This skirt is from J. Crew about 3 seasons ago - unfortunately, it's a wee bit tight. Okay, who am I kidding? It's way tight, but not for long - I've already lost 9 pounds, so I'll be wearing this baby again before you know it! I love pairing it with high heel boots like this,
or English riding boots like this....However, my favorite way to wear it would be with a pink Lily Pulitzer vest,

with a pair of these.....

and if it's really cool outside I'll add this....

What are YOU lusting after this season....Ahem, we're talking clothes, girls. Strictly clothes

6 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I LOVE those Wellies!

Meg said...

Sista, I am totally coveting those English riding boots! THAT vest belongs in my closet...I am actually blogging about that same vest soon! I am lusting after Dooneys new Leopard purse this fall...

Kathie Truitt said...

What do you mean new leopard purse from D&B??? Are you kidding? What bad economy? I'm there!!!

Kathie

Charity Grace said...

Stylin'! You picked some cute things!

I'd love some ballet flats with velvet bows...Romantic!

Anonymous said...

In love with the green velvet jacket....can you tell me where it's from?

Kathie Truitt said...

Yes, green velvet jacket was
From J Crew in 2008.