Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"PINK LUCY'S ANSWER...PART 1


This morning I was reading Pink Lucy's blog (pinklucy.blogspot.com) and she asked a very interesting question:

"Is there anything you do or wear, that makes you wonder if you are too old for it?"

The answer to that question iiiissss...

Yes! A resounding YES!


Every cotton-pickin' day of my life - Yes!

For instance:

Am I too old for this spiky blonde hair?

(I did let it go gray once. My daughter threw a fit: "No mother of mine is going to get old!" - huh??)


Should I sell "Dixie" and buy a grown-up car?

Should I really wear my dresses over jeans? With cowboy boots?



or


Should a woman my age really be wearing Wellington Boots?


But the most important question of all:






Is it wierd that I know ALL the lyrics to Lil' Wayne's



"When I Arrive"?

(Okay, yeah, that probably is wierd)



So, to PL and counless others who've tortured themselves with the above question, here's the deal:


I spent the first 46 years of my life wearing what others thought I should wear: Mama, teachers, friends, what Society thought a wife of someone who does what Honey does should wear, etc.


I am going to spend the next 70 years wearing what I want to wear.


Doing what I want to do.


My philosophy on life is I'll live my life my way as long as it doesn't break God's Law, the Commonwealth of Virginia law, and doesn't hurt anyone.

Oh, yeah....
I'm also careful about making sure I'm covered up and modest! I don't wanna make the above mistake - YIKES!!








9 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Hahahahaha!!! I love it!
You look fabulous with your spiky blonde hair.

What an inspiration. From now one when that silly question goes through my head, I'm going to think of you & stand up with confidence. And wear my Converse with more pride than ever before.

I have always wanted a pair of Wellies.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

LOVE the spiky hair. And love the wellies. But who the heck is Lil Wayne???

Lisa Ann said...

If your happy with yourself who cares how old you are? Honestly Lil Wayne ? I think I'm going to be sick!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

my oh my...girl you are fab!!!!live it kitten and love you...omg your hair is so darn tooten' cute!!!!!!! this kitten just had a birthday...yehaw...i'm me and i'm sassin' it up some more...you gotta enjoy you and i know you do...you sassy young thing!ok and the jeans and dresses...you know i'm known for that..sooooooo i think its adorable! like you said this world...grrrr... soooo please yourself with your sassy self! i think you are adorable...yes and we wanna see more you! cat

English Cottage in Georgia said...

I am with you - whatever you want, within the bounds of modesty.
At 53, my goal is to lose weight and dress gypsy style :-)

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Free-spirited gal, that's what I LIKE! I love it all! And don't you just love drivin' DIXIE!?! She can haul all sorts of goodies when you find 'em thriftin' with your mama! (I secretly like me some rap once in awhile, too! And Beyonce...dontcha know!)

katillacshack.com said...

Me TOO!!!!!

YOU BE YOU! Baby!

A fantastic living artwork!

Music keeps us young --i am right there with ya!

Thanks for stopping by!

love, kelee

ADG said...

That last picture is gnarly!

Vickie said...

I LOVE your spiky pink hair also. If it weren't for my husband I would be wearing my hair spiked and maybe even pink! This is Vickie, Crystal's (pinklucy) Mom!

I'm with you. I wear what I want to wear and I even wear things that Crystal makes fun of. YOU GO GIRL!!