Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Look where I ended up Sunday afternoon after trying, unsuccessfully, to get through writer's block. (Hmmm, whatever did Jane Austin do when she suffered? I wonder.)







Anyway, since I've lost weight and am still losing, I was in dire need of pants that don't fall down around my ankles.



Lucky for me, the above cafe capri's were on sale, so I bought a black pair and a kaki pair. Earlier this year, I found a pair of Ralph Lauren navy capri's, so now I'm set for the summer.



These cute little striped numbers (above) are for my preppy side. I love their nautical look and they are fairly comfortable.


If I want to look a little more va-voom, but still be preppy, I'll don these babes,



Disclaimer: These are strictly when I'm being dropped off at an event, and all I'm expected to do is sit and 'look pretty.' Otherwise, 'ouch!'


But, when I want to show the hillbilly side, I break out these babies!


Honestly, I know you don't care what I'm wearing. It's just that I have to finish these re-writes and I desparately needed a break. As soon as I'm done and send it back to the publisher, I am taking a vacation!

Now, back to the grindstone....

14 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I love seeing what you wear! And those wedges....Wow!

ADG said...

Damn I love those camo shoes. But wait...what did you get me? What about LFG? Have you no sense of charity?

Meg Young said...

I love them all! BTW, I DO care what you are wearing! Great choices!

Lisa Ann said...

Great shoes! I couldn't even stand up in those wedges!

Gracie Beth said...

I proudly have some camo shoes as well! I love the wedges too! I got lucky and scored another pair of Bonanno's on ebay though so I don't think I will be buying anymore shoes for a while! I love the capris as well. Congrats on the weight loss!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Cute stuff! I love your choices...and wondered where you've been....can't wait to hear that you're all finished (and published!.
XOXO
Joni

Melissa Lester said...

I think shopping is a great way to cure writer's block ... or the blues, boredom and pretty much whatever else is ailing me! I appreciate your recent comment on my blog and was so happy to hear from you. What kind of book are you writing? I was working (slowly) on a book for adolescent girls, but another book came out this year that may be too similar. So I'm setting that one aside for a while and hoping to start another one soon. Yay for you to be at the rewrite and editing stage!

Kathie Truitt said...

GB- Now that I have the camo's I don't know what to do with them? Help!

ADG - Sweetie pie, I may spend a good chunk of change on clothes, but you're clothes are waaayyy more expensive than mine! However, I must say when it comes to clothes and what everyone is buying/wearing - you definitely have the best blog. LOVE your wardrobe.

OCF - I only have about 9 more chapters. There were only supposed to be just a few things to re-work, but once I got going I had more ideas, which lead to more ideas, which lead to...you get the picture.

bj said...

I love what you are wearing..all the shoes are precious..and congratulations on losing weight. Are you dieting or jusst watching what you eat? I sure could lose 25 lbs...!!

Kristina said...

Very cute shoes! I even like the hillbilly ones!

Mrs. G said...

I love seeing what people are wearing too. Great collection of shoes.

Karen said...

You lil Daisy Mae you!!!! I tried on those grey plaid shoes too!!! They were actually comfortable! But this dumb voice in my head said, "Come on, you can't wear these with your lifestyle1!!!" Did I goof?

enJAYneer said...

nice post... thanks for sharing...

-enJAYneer-
JAYtography: An Online Travelogue

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Congrats on your weight loss - time to buy a new wardrobe :-) The shoes are to die for.