Tuesday, July 14, 2009

File under 'what the heck were you thinkin'?'

Okay, so I've had questions from several of you wanting to know the story behind my tatoo. No story, really.

I was just in one of my moods. You know what I'm talkin' about.

You wake up one morning and you just feel ...um, I don't know....restless, I guess.

No, rebellious is probably a better word.

Anyway, there I was layin' in bed, contemplating my fate of having to get up, don a suit, and spend the whole day showing houses. Did I mention that I spent 7 years as a realtor? Booorrinngg.

So, after waiting for about an hour and a half and being stood up by no-show clients I thought, "Hmm, ya know Kathie old girl, this career is just not for you." Right then and there I did a u-turn, parked my Mercedes in the drive, slapped a For Sale sign on it, slipped out of my suit into a pair of boots and jeans, grabbed the keys to the red Chevy pickup and went for a long drive.

As I am singing along to Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman" blasting from the stereo, I see a tatoo parlor. Suddenly a light bulb comes on!

"I know! I think I'll get a tatoo!"

So, $50 and 15 minutes later THIS is what I have to show for that one rebellious action.




So, now you understand when I say, "I'm feeling rebellious. Keep me away from all tatoo parlors", my family goes into a tizzy.

7 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

What a great story, I love that you did that. I can just imagine what mischief we could get upto!!! What fun! X

Alan said...

A great heartfelt story. Love it!

Lisa Ann said...

I have those days to but being stuck at home there's not much I can do about it. Except shop online that is. That's my vice.

Gracie Beth said...

I love it! I want a tattoo but am too indecisive!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

OH..you are TOO FUNNY! I think it's a good thing you and I can't hang out together for real, we'd be in big trouble together!

~Crystal~ said...

I just adore your stories & YOU!
At least it's not some disgraceful tattoo. Haha!

English Cottage in Georgia said...

I love your story. Thankfully, my transformations are not done with lightning bolts, just marinaded. My family could not handle lightning bolt change:-)