Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I AM RETIRING AS AN AUTHOR!!!

Instead, I think I could make a living as a poet.
Mr. T is out of town this week and I penned this little ditty for him. It's called
I love you. So here we go. I'm going to read it to you now. (Just imagine a nasaly hick accent and you'll have me down pat.) Ya' ready? Ahem....
I Love You
by Kathie Bishop Truitt (that's me)
I love you in Missouri, I love you in Montana,
I love you in Virginia
and when you wear a bandana.
I love you in the daylight,
I love you in the dark.
I would even love you
if you were eaten by a shark.
I love you when you're happy
I love you when you're sad.
But I think I'll love you most of all
When you become a Granddad.
So, what do you think? Could I make it as a poet?
Okay, don't answer that.
Really, I just wanted to leave a little note for him on Facebook. Of course, I had to keep it pretty tame, because it is Facebook, after all, and Mama reads it, the kids and all their friends, and their friend's friends.
So, I killed two birds with one stone. I let him know I love him and thinking about him, and at the same time let my facebook friends know that we are still,
(im)patiently waiting the arrival of little Sophia.
P.S. My book writing is much, much better than my poetry - I promise!
Hmm...maybe I should change 'bandana' to 'Atlanta'....no, that wouldn't work ...maybe I should....

6 comments:

trash talk said...

I think your little poem is just as cute as cute can be!
Debbie

Gracie Beth said...

My poetry carrer ended in HS when I tried to rhyme goat with boat...my teacher was not amused.

Princess Freckles said...

How sweet!

Kristina said...

Very cute, I'm sure he will love it!

Lisa Ann said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to read your book!

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Girl, you are so funny. I so appreciate your sense of humor. It takes ALOT to make me laugh and you do it so easily.