Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Painting at the new house...

This is the new sofa I bought on Saturday. I have the blanket over it so Mr. T won't get paint on it. It's going to go against that big wall.

And the picture below is of the dining room.

Both walls were painted a very pretty shade of robin's egg blue. I toyed with the idea of leaving the color, but decided against it as I'd have to change so many of things I already have to accomodate.

I also thought about removing the wallpaper, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Instead, I decided to paint both walls a creamy white. Although, it's hard to tell in the pictures, it gives these two rooms a very, calm, serene feel. I'll also, keep the furniture various shades of white and decorate and accent with light pastels, such as powder pink and sage green.

I have most of the furnishings I need for the living room, but will be on the lookout for a cream colored dining room table.

9 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Are you going for a shabby chic feel?

Kathie Truitt said...

Yes, exactly! I've always wanted to do that. I've been reading all my back issues of Romantic Homes and Romantic Country.

Princess Freckles said...

Looking good! I love that couch!

Cowgirl in the City said...

I too like the wallpaper, even though I generally hate the stuff. But that is cute, and definately in line with shabby chic!

~Crystal~ said...

Oh I love shabby chic! I have a few pieces I have done myself, but my house is more eclectic, than anything else. Plus there is no way a light color couch would survive in my house with 3 dogs & a husband. LOL
Cottage Living had some great stuff also. But that magazine went under this past year.
You have to be sure to blog all the pictures from your redecorating! I can't wait to see them.

La La La Leah said...

I hate painting..... I have to go finish painting our home office now thanks....

Summer said...

OMG! the new house is kind of cute! :D chic! show us more pics!

Mrs. G said...

Love the direction you are going with the house and expecially the wallpaper in the dining room. Can't wait to see more.
Hugs,
Sue

Mrs. G said...

sorry for the spelling errors.
S