Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You have been here since I first started Hillbilly Debutante. You've been here when I first decided to write a book. You cheered me when I finished the first Chapter, you talked me through the frustrations of writer's block and you've hoorayed! when I finally finished.


You've been incredibly patient as you've asked me time and time again - "what's it about?" and yet I keep putting you off.


I promised that I'd take you with me every step of the way.


WELL...


I talked to the publisher today and production will start within the next 10 days.



Everyone tells me I don't act excited. It's not that. I guess 'anticipatory' is more what I'm feeling right now.


Honestly, I feel scared. And I'm asking you right here and now to please stay with me.


We only have about 5 or 6 months (less if all goes well).


In the meantime, I will be interviewing a few publicists. I'm going to take my time with that process. I've got my eye on someone but he doesn't know it yet.
And, my sweet ones, while we move onward with this process, let us not forget the ultimate goal -
a Lifetime Movie.

(hee!)

6 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

YAY! Kathie, I'm so very happy for you and I'm just waiting to buy my copy and read it! This is such a wonderful dream come true...and I congratulate you!
XOXO
Joni

Lisa Ann said...

I will be waiting for it's release. I'm so excited for you! Your a special friend and I wish you all the success in the world.

Princess Freckles said...

I live for lifetime movies!

Kate said...

Fingers crossed for a Lifetime movie!!

Coffee with Cathy said...

Keep us posted -- and good luck!

Karen said...

Whoopee! Hot Diggity! Can't wait for my copy! Are you gonna be on Oprah? Do you need a stylist for your appearances? XOXOXOXOOX