Monday, September 14, 2009

What every wife dreads as she gets older....

The 'other' woman.
I promised Mr. T when I started this blog that I wouldn't write about anything 'personal' that goes on between us. And up until now, there wasn't anything worth blogging about.
We get along great.
I have been very conscientious about 'keepin' my man happy.'
I'm not a bad cook. I keep a nice home. I can count on one hand how many times he's seen me without makeup or with 'bad hair.'
I thought everything was fine. Good! Great!
I never saw this coming.
I mean, sure, I've seen plenty of marriages end because a husband has transferred his affections to a much younger woman.
Never in a million years did I ever think it would happen to me.
But it has.
She's young, vibrant, beautiful. How can I compete with that?
The fact is I can't. So what is that saying - 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'?
Hmmmm....
That shouldn't be hard at all.....


15 comments:

trash talk said...

Give it up girl...there's just no way to compete with that pinup cutie! You could try a bear skin rug, but I don't think it would have the same effect!
Debbie

Suburban Princess said...

Awww so cute!
And dont feel bad, none of us would've had a chance!

Elle Squared said...

I love this!!! Too adorable!

Princess Freckles said...

I can see how he has a hard time staying away from that cutie!

Kristina said...

She's beautiful!!! I can't blame him!

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Awww, she's so cute!!
Valerie

English Cottage in Georgia said...

So I am the only sucker for your little joke....thank goodness, this was a short post.
I was hyperventilating, feeling anxious and yelling, "oh no" mixed with "she'll kill him".......
then I saw the precious little babe. What a doll:-)

Ah, I know why my reaction was different from the others. I lost all entire bloglist and came to cut your web address from feedjit - no pic.

Solo said...

So cute! ;D


Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy

Basyon said...

Oh i almost fell of my seat. I was thinking that you will be hurt.lol ;D But then i saw this precious cutie, lovely! ;D

April
Stories from a Teenage Mom
Mom on the Run
Chronicles of a Hermit

Beth Dunn said...

Oh God she is gorgeous. I think I understand! xoxo

ADG said...

I find it impossible to see a photo like that and not believe in God.

Onward...with plump-cute little babies.

ADG

Karen said...

You had me majorly scared there for a moment!

Dickie said...

Look at the upturn curl on her little mouth...

Estrella said...

Oh my God! hahaha, i really was thinking on something else!! u r a good writer!!Congratulations!give up !!

Summer is a Verb said...

Too cute. Can't wait to meet you on Sunday and get the book scoop...XXOO