Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chickens in the Road....

I want to tell you about a new blog friend I made today. Her name is Suzanne McMinn and her blog is called "Chickens in the Road". (suzannemcminn.com or just click on her link to the right).
A friend of mine e-mailed me this morning with the word 'VOTE' in the subject line. When she informed me that a fellow blogger participating in a 'writing contest' needed my vote, I, of course, being not only a blogger, but an author myself, knew I had to help.
First of all before I start giving Suzanne rave reviews as a writer (as if she needs moi), I want to tell you that she is nothing short of amazing! You simply must go over and see for yourself. However, heed this warning label: Do not read if you have Thanksgiving shopping, cleaning, errands, etc. Yep, you'll want to wait until you have extra time to spare and then prepare to be taken back to a gentler, more simpler time.
Now, where was I? Oh, yes. The 'writing contest.' Writing contest? Holy Cow! This is not just some piddly-ante little contest. This is for a J-O-B! With a decent salary! She writing for a blog every single day and getting paid for it. This will be a piece of cake for her if she gets it - she's already a very successful romance novelist!
Don't take my word for it - now scoot! Check it out for yourself.
Good luck, Suzanne, and let us know how it goes!

3 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I LOVE her blog....she's over in your neck of the woods, too! Such a farmer, too and she bakes, crafts, she's awesome!
XOXO
Joni
PS: Heading over to vote. Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving!

Beth Dunn said...

You are so sweet to vote for her. I'll check her out now. xoxo

SC

trash talk said...

Visited her blog...check
Voted..............check, check
Laughed out loud...Oh heck, check!
Debbie