Thursday, December 10, 2009

HELP ME!!!!

I aM BoReD!!

And that's scary.


Because we all remember what happened last time Kathie got really, really bored.

Uh-huh, that's how I ended up with this little beauty right here.

No more tattoos, I promise

Besides, this is a different kind of boredom. It's more restless. I want to do something.


I need a challenge. And it has to be fun. 'Cause you know I don't do anything if it's not fun.

I need a change. Something I can experience, blog about it and take you along with me.

Any ideas?


For instance, one of my blogging buddies decided to 'live in the year 1955'. She took a few days to research and then cut everything out of her life that was not in existence in that year, with the exception of the computer, of course. Her style of dress, cooking, shopping and lifestyle for the past 10 months has modeled that of a 1950's housewife. She uses no modern conveniences that did not exist at that time.

I don't want to do anything that drastic. Not that it doesn't sound like fun, but number 1, I don't want to be a copycat, and number 2, if my family had a choice between me and the DVD I'm afraid I'd be tossed away like yesterday's news. And watching NFL in black and white? Are you kidding? Yeah, back to the past is just not an option for me.


Another blogger gave up buying clothes for one whole year. (She journaled the process of making her existing wardrobe work by mixing and matching.) Yeah - ain't happenin'. It's not realistic for me. The main thing, though, is I hate writing about clothes. I have never aspired to be a fashion journalist.
Next, please.
When I first started Hillbilly Debutante it was about trying to lead the 'simple life in the city.' I've really dropped the ball on that philosophy. And as a result, I find myself stuck in the same rush-rush-I-want-it-yesterday mentality. I hate living that way.


Life is a gift. Every moment is meant to be savored. Yet, I find myself driven by convenience, sacrificing simplicity and quality in order to save something I just don't have a lot of. Time.

The blogs I love the most are the ones where the writer is living simply, or better yet, simply living...

So, put on your thinking cap. All ideas with be seriously considered.

Unless it's really stupid.

i.e. I will not go to astronaut camp, culinary school or France.


12 comments:

Cathy said...

Well Kathie, I'm with you on this one. The harder I try to slow down and make my life easier, the more anxiety I feel.

I'm so stressed out, that I can't even put up my Christmas tree. First time I haven't had a tree in 53 years. Now that's bad!

I think we both need to slow down a bit.

xo Take care,

Cathy

p.s. I made the text larger on my blog. Thanks for the hint. lol

trash talk said...

Sounds like road trip time to me. I say, hop in your car with friend and hit the back roads in and around D.C. I know you can get to several states in your area in a short time...unlike Texas where it takes two days just to get out of the cotton pickin' state! Stay off the main highways and see what you find out in the hicks! Interview people, take photos, drink in the local customs...then come back and write a book!
The only other thing I can come up with is to hit the cabinet...and I don't mean the executive one!
Debbie
P.S. Let's just keep my true personality a secret just between the two of us. You sure know how to read between the lines!

Anonymous said...

I took a road trip today-exhilarating! Go with Debbie's idea! and girl, you are FUNNY!

BellaDella said...

I think I am game. Email me at belladellafarm@yahoo.com. Anything to keep you from getting more tattoos! ;)

juls4real said...

Go to the web site Instructables. Choose three things to make that are considered green. Make them. Use them.....and create something to send to them.

Gracie Beth said...

I online show when I am bored, that is an expensive habit. However I also knit perhaps you could take up knitting!

Amanda Graybill, Founder said...

Kathie, you could launch The Little Black Dress Society in DC area! I'm finding giving back through this organization is not at all boring. Actually, it's exciting meeting new people, wearing LBD's, working on projects for charity, etc. You would be great! Blessings! Amanda

Mrs. G said...

OMG, I just read about you stalker and am sick for you. I can't imagine what you went throught. Bless your heart for coming out on the other side.
I am procrastinating today when I have so much to do. Sorry, not much help on the topic you need help with.
I'm sure you will come up with something that will be fabulous.
Hugs,
Sue

English Cottage in Georgia said...

I'm clueless! I think that I would try to swap places with someone to live an entirely different life for 2 weeks.

Nezzy said...

I just wanted to thank ya'll for poppin' in with your sweet comments. Ya' just tickled this Ozarks chick pink. I was born and raised in Stockton, we shopped in El Dorado Springs every Saturday. Our farm was just the other side of Filly ( heeeheehe, I knew you'd get a hoot out of that) between the two tiny-towns. Hubby and I live on a large working farm we call the Ponderosa about sixty miles east of Springfield.

Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day and it's great to meet you!!!

It is a small world after-all.

Beth Dunn said...

I will not go to astronaut camp!!! LOL-you are a trip. I know I get in ruts too. I was in a major one last spring. I'm going on a surfing/yoga retreat in Nicaragua this Feb. I started riding (yes mom I'll get a helmet). I have a lot friends doing volunteer work and running marathons (not for me). It'll come to you-just keep reading/writing and see a few good movies while you are at it. xoxo

SC

Beth Dunn said...

I hope you sell way more than 20,000 books! Keep me posted upon its release and we'll plot. Are you doing any other social networking? Let me know if I can help you love. xoxo

SC

ps Karen should play on of the SCs!