Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I am just fat...

I am not 'fishing' for compliments. Just stating fact. On the the other hand I don't really need any of you to send a message of agreement, either. (I used to work with a lady that loved to tell people when they were gaining weight, or when their hair looked bad, or wearing the wrong shade of lipstick, etc, etc)
I tell you because I need someone to hold me accountable. I can't count on Mr. T. You see, I need motivation. I have told him if he would just repeat the following words, "Honey, you disgust me and I can't bear to touch you until you lose at least 30 pounds," I KNOW I would get up off my butt and do something. But no. He won't cooperate at all. His response at my request? "Do you think I want to remain celibate for the rest of my life?"
So, you my dear readers, are the only ones left who can help me. After all, if I pour my heart out to you and promise to lose...say 30 pounds... I have to do it, don't I?

I have a class reunion coming up in July. My 30th. I know exactly what you're thinking and you're wrong! I got the boy in high school. Yes. I. Did. And I don't give a hog's fanny about the mean girls, either. I have nothing to prove and no one to impress.




the boy I 'got' in high school with our son, Will

The weight is becoming a nuisance, and it's not healthy. Unfortunately, I'm not one of these people that can just diet/workout/cut-back at the drop of a hat. I need something to work towards. I need to give myself a time limit and a goal otherwise I'll still keep eating bags of chips, cartons of ice cream, and packages of marshmallows. You think I'm kidding, don't you?

Class reunion is end of July. I should be able to lose a considerable amount by that time.


So, ya see those hips right there? Buh-bye!




And that double chin? And chubby fingers? Yuk! So long!

Don't worry, this isn't going to become a diet blog, or daily calorie counter. I promise not to bore you with what I'm eating, or a weekly countdown. Nope, nothing of that sort.

I'll just drop a note once a month, just a one-liner to let you know how much I've lost so far...just to let you know I'm committed.

And for all you anonymous-ers, all fat jokes will be deleted. Don't push me.

9 comments:

BroncoMom said...

What a great idea.....

sherri said...

I had my 30 year class reunion last year, as you remember, and I promise, you will look amazing! After all, you still have a full head of hair and all your teeth! ha Relax, and enjoy it, we have finally reached an age where clicks mean NOTHING, just seeing old friends is what it is all about!

Princess Freckles said...

I need to set goals too when it comes to getting healthly. I did this last summer and it worked! I've lost about 10 pounds which I've kept off.

I used an iPhone app called Lose It! to help me with the diet part. If you have an iPhone look into this.

Good luck pretty lady! You're already beautiful, and I know you'll knock em dead at the reunion!

Lisa Ann said...

Join the club. I don't have a neck anymore or at least one you can see.LOL!
I will keep you in my prayers. You can do it! I know you can!
(Kathie.. Love you to. Thanks for all of your love and support.)

Bella Della said...

OMG- you worked with that lady too. She's currently in my office!!!!

And you are beautiful by the way!

Coffee with Cathy said...

Good luck. We'll be rooting for you.

Karen Karlsen said...

Kathie, I know you can do it, but you're still gonna knock em dead at that reunion whether you lose one OUNCE or not! K

~Crystal~ said...

Well....I think you are gorgeous just the way you are. But I'm rooting for those pounds to melt away, if that is what you desire!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Kathie! My 25th high school reunion is this summer too. I'm determined to drop at least 20 lbs + have toned arms like Michelle Obama's! (I want to wear a cute sundress without worrying about my arms flapping in the wind with the dress!) LOL!

I've been using that Lose It! app on my Iphone too and it works great. It keeps me accountable and organized as I try to shed these extra pounds. Let's keep each other encouraged! We can do it!

Sharita