Friday, April 23, 2010


Every single day I take a walk. Once during mid-day and another one at night before bedtime which almost always includes this pretty girl.

Have you met my best friend Sally?

Really she's in love with my husband, but I'll do in a punch. Especially at mealtime and whenever I go anywhere near the closet. That's where her leash is. Or when I put on my walking shoes. Then she is definitely mama's girl.

Today as I prepared for my walk I thought about all the things my area has to offer that I hope I never, ever take for granted. I'd like to share them with you.

A park on the corner of 13th and K street where I sometimes like to sit and people watch or read a book.




I love the White House. I've lived here 9 years and the White House never loosens it's grip on me. I've been inside for parties almost a dozen times and each time it takes my breath away, almost to the point that I struggle to hold back tears and keep my emotions in check. I haven't been inside during this administration but I have given (very) strong hints to friends of mine that work here that I haven't been inside in almost two years!



Diners taking advantage of the absolutely glorious weather we've had this week.


And of course the very, very best thing about Washington, DC.....


granddaughter Sophia

I hope your weather is fabulous and that you are taking time out of your everyday hustle-bustle world to enjoy the beauty in your world.




8 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Sally and Sophia are both pretty darn cute, you are very blessed! I've never been to D.C. I should come on over there sometime and have you show this country hick around!
I loved this post!
*Ü*
Joni

Lisa Ann said...

I love D.C. We spent our honeymoon there.
Sophia is just a little doll. Sally's pretty cute to.

Lucy said...

Oh Kathie, Wonderful post on D.C. I cannot believe how big Sophie is...wasn't her birth "just the day before yesterday"? She is an absolute living doll:-).

Kathie Truitt said...

Joni I would LOVE for you to visit DC.
Yes, Lucy Sophia is growing up so fast. She came over to play today and she can almost walk!

Ruthann said...

Hi Kathie! Sophia is AdOrAbLe! And that little Sally is so sweet!

Just popping by to tell you that I left two comments on your facebook fan page but for some reason they did not show up when I clicked "share". Anyhoo, I just wanted to tell you how excited I am about your book and proud of you too! What an accomplishment! I can't wait to read it! If you are coming to the Ozarks this summer I would love to take you to lunch! God bless you sugar!
Ruthann
Sugar Pie Farmhouse

Beth Dunn said...

Your dog and grand daughter are SO cute!
xoxo
SC

Amber Smith said...

Kathie - Sophia is adorbs, totally a cutie! You are a woman blessed :)
Sweet Sally too.

Your post on DC has me missing the glorious Spring weather...thanks for the nice pictures! Hope all is great with you.

The Preppy Princess said...

You are in my very favorite city on this continent, and at my very favorite time of year! I loved reading your reaction to the White House!

Sophia is simply precious, and Sally is pretty darn cute as well. :)

Sending you a smile,
tp