Thursday, April 29, 2010

False Victim released!!


The formal release date is Tuesday, August 3rd, but you can purchase the book now from my publisher. Just click on the link below for the synopsis and to order!

http//www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-61663-352-3

Words can not express how much I appreciate your support the past 2 years while I've been blogging and writing. I think it's safe to say that you've watched me go from an angry 'country girl stuck in the city' to a calmer, gentler 'county girl not minding the city so much, anymore.' I hope so anyway.

Many have asked if writing False Victim was therapeutic. I have always said no. It was difficult to relive, to pick and choose what events to leave in and which to leave out, otherwise it would have been a never-ending story. And I 'mixed some stuff up' a bit to make it more entertaining. (For instance, no I was not Miss Mississippi, but instead was Mrs. Missouri.) But now that it's over? I feel an amazing peace.

I'm going to take a break for a bit. I'm going to leave this post up so everyone will know how to purchase the book if they choose to do so.

In the meantime I am going to regroup. I am looking forward to getting back to what Hillbilly Debutante is supposed to be about!

I love all of you so much. I have appreciated your e-mails, facebook messages and blog comments and your messages of support.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Until next time,

Kathie


14 comments:

trash talk said...

Kathie,
The link didn't work for me. I am over eager to get reading and I don't think I can wait for the regular release date! Huge Congratulations to you for this milestone in your life and for having the courage to tackle it with high heels on!
Debbie

Kathie Truitt said...

Hey Deb,

Try it again. I had an extra 'http:' that shouldn't have been there. I hope you enjoy it!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I ordered mine yesterday! Can't wait to read it!

Beth Dunn said...

It's an amazing read. I can't wait for mine to arrive and get you to sign it!
xoxo
SC

ADG said...

Kathie....congrats! May I post a story about it?

Kathie Truitt said...

ADG,
As a matter of fact I would appreciate it if you did write about it.

Feel free to post the publishers link. As I said, formal release date isn't until August 3rd in which it will be available in stores and Amazon.com, etc but I'd love to sell as many copies now as I can.
TV movie won't be out until 2011, though.

THANK YOU!! And of course you and Miss LFG will be invited to the big kickoff this summer.

Nezzy said...

Congratulations girl! I bet ya can breathe easier now. It's quite the accomplishment to see your book in print. Woohoo...stand back...I'm doin' my little happy dance here. (Don't ya wish ya could see that?)

Enjoy your break and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and look forward to reading your book and more of your blog. Perhaps I will catch you at a book signing.

Solo said...

Wow! Your book is now release. Congratulations to you! ;D

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunter

Pearls and Grace said...

Well a great big congratulations to you sweet friend!!! I will be ordering my very own copy and cannot wait to read your heart! Wow. What a huge accomplishment!!! I know it must be incredibly exciting to see the finished product...so happy for you!

I wanted to thank you for your encouraging comments. I am a bit behind with everyone but wanted to stop by this morning and thank you again. I would love to visit DC and hold an event there! We are putting the Pearl Event on hold for a bit and are still trying to organize things and work on a relief effort for the flood victims instead for now.

But I would just love to meet you in person!! Also, the shirt is one that I found at The Gap a few months ago. They may still have it!
And then I had a sweet friend of mine monogram it for me.

I will check the Gaps here and see if I can find you one and would love to send you one as a gift.

What size should I look for?
(I will also look online)

Big Hug and Many Blessings to you!!

Sibi

Pearls and Grace said...

It's me again,

Are you on Twitter?

Let me know....

It's also a great way to promote your new book too!

Sibi

Annie @ The House That Jade Built said...

Hi! I just LOVE the name of your blog - it really cracks me up being a slight hillbilly myself :) I'm also anxious to find your book - I love to read when I have time and know I'll enjoy it so much more after "meeting" the person who wrote it!

~Annie

Terra said...

Sounds like an awesome story! Can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

Just read the book. It should be sent to every senator. There needs to be a national law to help victims like the author who have to deal over and over again with someone's mental illness. The mentally ill person should be sentenced to life in a mental institution. Imagine she out free and clear to continue abusing citizens. How can this author breath easier- civic action is what she needs from everyone who reads it! This is not fiction.
Marilyn