Monday, April 19, 2010

Photo shoot

Kathie Truitt

Today was the photo shoot for the back book cover. I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to portray myself as this is the first impression many readers will have of me. Of course one picture doesn't convey to a stranger exactly who Kathie Truitt is as a person, but as the saying goes 'one picture is worth a thousand words.'

Don't let that serious face fool you for one minute, though. (This is a dark story so I was instructed not to smile). Inside I was bubbling over with happiness and excitement at the way God has taken the most horrific time of my existence and molded it into a wonderful, exciting, fantastic opportunity of a lifetime. But, then again why should I be surprised? Isn't that just like Him?

So, in a nutshell what you see above is what you get. Yeah, I can wear a suit and high heels just like everyone else, but that's not really me. I am still that casual, free-spirited, down-to-earth, fun-loving girl that I was at 17 that loves t-shirts, boots (cowboy/wellies) and jeans. I may never get to live in the country again, but the country will always live in me and I hope this picture reveals some of that.

Many thanks to Joe Cereghino, who is the officially the new Hillbilly Debutante photographer.

Until next time,

Kathie

13 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I think it's fabulous, smile or not. :)

~Meg~ said...

Sweetie, you look absolutely PERFECT!

CZ said...

You look fabulous! Can't wait to see the jacket and read the book! Congrats again! :)

Phyllis Lines said...

I look forward to the release of your book. I also grew up in El Dorado Springs, was several years ahead of you in school though. My younger brother Kevin was closer to your age. Mr. T's sisters were closer to my age.

James said...

Wonderful photo, good luck with your book.

Kathie Truitt said...

Thaisnks everyone! We're almost there! Phyllis, I remember you!!!
Yes, I'm a few years older than Kevin, but Ronnie is actually a good friend of mine and Mr T's. Please tell him hello for us.

Nezzy said...

Best of luck on your book Kathie! I'm just thrilled for you.

Gads girl, you look so dang familiar. I'd shout out a name or two but I didn't see your email on your profile. Not only did we shop in El Dorado Springs every week, I shared a room at the sorority house and was a bridesmaid in a wedding with a good friend from ERS.

This is probably not the place to do this but I am so very sorry for your loss. It was quite the battle but my girl did live. She will celebrate her 32nd birthday in August. She is the mother of three beautiful stepchildren and the mother of Baby Ian you see on my blog. We spent most of her first year in NICU, many operations and procedures. Her last surgery was when she was in the 7th grade. It was a major mountain but thank the Lord it moved. It breaks my heart what you had to go through.

This is gettin' too long. Sorry!

God bless you and have yourself a wonderful Wednesday!!!

Nezzy said...

NOTE TO PHYLLIS: I was gonna check out your blog but it nor your email is on your profile. I was raised in Stockton. :o)

Country Girl said...

Great photo! I'd love to read your book.

The Classic Preppy said...

So glad to find your blog...and thanks for your comment on mine. We share a lot of the same interests....I am in Richmond, and very active with the Colonial Dames. If you do decide to join, please let me know!!! (Wilton, which is pictured on my blog from yesterday is the house the NSCDA owns!!) Best, Liz

The Classic Preppy said...

Kathie....Could you email me at classicpreppy@verizon.net ? There was something I saw on your blog I want to ask you about, but didn't want to write a long comment...

Thanks! Liz

lucy said...

Your are beautiful!!!! So cannot wait to read your book. While mentioning your book and the subject matter to my mom, I commented, "No one would try to copy my life". Then realized, if I ever came across such a stalker, she would be crazy X 1000. :-)

Jeanie O'Brien said...

Kathie, I am so proud of you!
God does wonderful things, even taking something terrible and turning it around in your favor!!!
I haven't had a chance to get the book yet, but will soon! You'll have to sign it for me the next time you're in El Do. Looking forward to seeing the movie too!
God bless you,
Aunt Jeanie