Monday, May 24, 2010


I made plans for the weekend. Rock solid plans. Right down to the wire. (I had a nice little surprise planned just for you.) But alas, it didn't work out. I had to reschedule (you'll get the surprise next week), which was a good thing since I put the key in the ignition and all I heard was 'RRrrrrrrrr". And of course, Mr. T is out of state. With the car that does not have a dead battery.

Okay. This is not a problem. Let's make lemonade outta lemons. (Why can't life deal us limes so we can margaritas?)
After all, I live in a town with a wonderful mass transit system and I complain to myself that I should take advantage of it more often. Today is the day. It's part of my adventurous spirit and the fact that come hell or high water I will embrace city life. Do you hear me? I will.



Besides, I haven't seen granddaughter Sophia in a week. My absolute biggest fear in life is that she'll forget me. Well, that and heel-less shoes.



Seriously. Who wears this? How do they work??
(don't tell anyone, but I really think they're pretty cool. At one point in my life I would have worn these.)

Anyway, I moseyed about 20 steps out my front door to the bus stop. It was that easy! Why have I not done this before? The wheels on the bus went round and round all the way to the metro. And voila! I was there. No traffic. No road rage. And no circling the block 12 times trying to find a parking space.



And to have this little beauty waiting for me on the other side was just icing on the cake.

It was such a beautiful sunny, warm day. When I got home I sat outside and just reveled in the fragrance of freshly mowed grass (thank you, William). This time of year the trees block the houses behind me. I hear the birds sing and it's seems like the city is far, far away.

(view from my kitchen window)



This is what I call my 'writing chair.' I sit out here with a cold glass of sweet ice tea, pen and tablet in hand and my creative juices just flow. If I had my way - and I hope to very soon - I'd spend every day, all day, in this chair writing books. Just for you.

Our next door neighbors (on both sides) are lovely people. The house to the right of us (you can see their back yard in above picture) has two of the most precious children. Every time we are outside they wave and holler across the fence. We love it but sometimes their mother is afraid the kids are getting on our nerves, so she'll gently shush them.

After what we've been through the sound of those babies laughing and playing is music to our ears. I slipped her a copy of my latest novel and told her after she reads it she'll understand why they don't bother us one little bit.

So far book sales are pretty good - especially when you factor in that it's not even released yet (August 3rd). THANK YOU!

If you don't want to wait until August you can always purchase it from my publisher. Below is the link.


Until next time,
Kathie
Until next time,
Kathie

1 comment:

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Very fun adventure and what a sweetie pie waiting for you at the other end!
Valerie