Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The District Dish

This is Kate Michael and the crew setting up to film "The District Dish". No divas here. The all-girl crew don't (doesn't?) mind getting their hands dirty, filtering through wires, cords and lighting. (All you English majors out there please advise on the proper word - 'don't' or 'doesn't'. I think it should have been 'doesn't').
Doesn't, er, I mean Don't judge Beverly (seated) by the picture. She is one of the hosts of the show and had just arrived and was trying to get her bearings, looking over the script, getting acquainted with the guests.



Speaking of which...This is me with Jason Wright, a professional skydiving trainer. As a matter of fact he is so awesome at what he does that he trains navy seals. (Don't know about you, but I'd definitely jump off an airplane with Jason!)
He is also an artist. Check out his website at jasontwright.com. Starting July 29th his work will be featured at Gallery Plan B, 1530 14th Street, NW 20005. Some of his paintings were inspired by an unfinished, abandoned subdivision he ran across in Phoenix. Hmmm...Now wouldn't he have a field day in the Ozarks with all those big, beautiful abandoned barns. I'll plant that little bug in his ear when I see him next month.
I was on next and of course got to 'dish' about my book. Oops! I forgot to mention that this episode was being filmed at my son-in-law/daughters restaurant Floriana, which I will write about at a later date! (THE best Italian food - EVER!)
The only bad thing about my night? I was so tired I fell asleep right smack dab in the middle of Real Housewives of New Jersey!! Did Teresa throw any more tables? Yikes! What did I miss?
Anyhoo, The District Dish will be aired in mid-July. When I find out exact dates you, my friends, will be the first to know.
Gotta go! I have to 'google' last nights RHONJ!
Kathie










5 comments:

VA Gal said...

That sounds like an exciting experience. I'll have to check it out - and your book sounds like a good read! I've been having such fun discovering new blogs and I'm really glad I found yours.

Bethany said...

So interesting to see the behind the scence picture. And I love the all female crew.

Bringing Pretty Back said...

Kathie! I am so excited for you I can not stand it! On TV! An interview for your book! I NEED to see the interview when it comes out!!! BRAVO!
I can not wait til I can say I LOVE my home.
I am so happy for you you love yours!
Have a prety day,
Kristin

Beth Dunn said...

I would sky dive with him!
xoxo
SC

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Well, how cool is this?? Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! It gave me the chance to come over and visit you. Sounds like wonderful things are happening your way....
Hugs,
Penny