Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kathie Goes A-Courtin'


Weeeell (said in my best seductive voice). Hello, Waterford. Yes, that's you. Down below. In the photo. I stole it from the Waterford,VA historical website. I hope they don't mind, but what can I say? Love makes you do funny things. And Waterford, I am in love with you. It was love at first sight actually. And mark my words. We will be together.


(aerial view of Waterford, VA in th fall)


I hate that awkward phase that you always have to go through in a new relationship. So, before I make that big break and tell this city to kiss my - er, kiss this city good-by, I want to take the next 3 years for us to slowly get to know each other.

I want us to know everything about the other so that in 2013 when son graduates from high school, I can drive my big red truck into town and you all can say, "She's here. She's here for good. Welcome home, Kathie."
So, let me begin by telling you a bit about myself. My full name is Kathie Bishop Truitt, and while I was raised in Southwest Missouri just above the Arkansas line (I was raised with both Midwest and Southern values), my family on both sides helped settle Virginia. As a matter of fact, my maternal-several-great-grandfather was one of the first members of the House of Burgesses. My roots run deep in this Commonwealth.

I started out as a radio broadcaster but hung up the old microphone and decided to put pen to paper to make my living. My first novel, a psychological thriller is being released two weeks from today (August 3rd.) I sold the movie rights for a made-for-tv- movie. I am hoping to release another novel "The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe" late summer 2012. It's a fun book based on the small town in which I grew up, with lots of quirky characters, and a few twists and turns in the plot. I plan to make it first in a series.

Waterford is the perfect place for an author. Breathing the fresh country air tinged with the smell of horses and cattle, mixed with the sweet sounds of the birds, locusts and frogs, will I am sure get my creative juices will be pumping.

Now, here's a few recent pictures of the family. When you see us walking or driving through town please stop and introduce yourselves.



I can understand how it might be confusing to recognize me from time to time
because I am always changing my hair and my weight constantly fluctuates - I could be anything from a size 4 to a size 12 down to a size 6 again in a matter of weeks.



But as you can see by the pictures Mr. T pretty much always stays the same.

Now,allow me introduce you to other members of the family.




Will, on the left is about 3 feet taller and 16 years old now. You'd never recognize him now and that's okay because I'm not sure how much he'll be around anyway. It all depends on where he decides to go to school. Rachael, the beautiful brunette, is now married with a baby of her own, Sophia, which if I have my way you'll see every single solitary weekend. And then the precious blonde in Mr. T's arms is Violet. That picture was taken before we got Sally our lab/husky mix (you'll meet her later).



We'll take a break for a day or two - I don't want to overwhelm you. Besides, there'll be plenty of time for us to get to know one another. In the meantime Waterford, my love....when I lay my head on my pillow at night, it's you I'll be dreaming of.



Until next time,

Kathie

9 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Welll....Waterford sure looks pretty from here! I'm so happy for you!!!!! I think I'll need to make you an apron, right?
XOXO
Joni

trash talk said...

Waterford won't ever know what it hit when Hurricane Kathie comes to town to stay!
Debbie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

We have a Waterford near our town, but it is not as quaint and pretty as your Waterford!

I am going to buy your book when it is released! Sounds like a good one! We have friends that moved to Southwest City, Mo. Any chance you are from around them parts?

LOVE your different hairstyles!!!! So cute!!
Your family is beautiful, too.

Kathi, you asked if you could use my photo of the pink cottage with the bike. Yes you can. It is a sweeeeeeeet home, isn't it? Glad you liked it.

(((hugs)))
Becky

~Crystal~ said...

I think Waterford sounds like a place made for your dreams for sure.

Meg said...

Kathie I am so very, very happy for you! Waterford looks lovely! I bet you can't wait! Your book is doing awesome, you are so blessed! You made me smile...my hair or weight are never the same either!

Talk to you soon! Xoxo!

Lindsey said...

Waterford sounds positively delightful. The picture makes it look like the perfect place to live!

Katydid said...

You have a beautiful family. And I wish my weight fluctuated that nicely! Ha! Unfortunately it goes up up up!
Looking forward to your book!
Kelly

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Well Kathie, I am so pleased to meet you. And Waterford is so pretty from the air. Where in Va. is it? I am in Va. too, out in the rolling country side living with all the wild things that come our way. Just got chickens and we love it. Welcome and come for a visit when you can. The back door is always open ~ Lynn @ thevintagenest
P.S. congrats. on the movie...woohoo

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Waterford looks absolutely divine...best wishes for your exciting move to be. I am looking forward to your next book.:-)