Friday, July 30, 2010

Washington D.C. Book Launch

Here are a few pictures from my release party on July 21st.

The 'False Victim' poster on the easel was the first thing guests saw when entering the party.

Barry Scher, my very one P.R. guru...

signing away....


Russell Sudder, the investigator who worked night and day gathering evidence that would one day clear my name. (His character in the book is named Chuck Bishop).


My favorite guest, Sophia


My daughter Rachael, granddaughter Sophia and son-in-law Dino posing with me and my D.A.R. sisters.

There'll be another party on August 3rd the actual release date.
Now onto other news.

Today (July 30th) I am 48. I don't give two hoots concerning the rule that a lady never tells her age. Until we get over being ashamed of aging, society will continue to render women over 35 invisible and irrelevant. I love getting older and look forward to my 95th birthday party when I am glamorously turned out, dancing the night away and my great-grandchildren are begging me to sit one out so they can catch their breath.

Speaking of being 'glamorously turned out' take a peak at what Sophia bought Grandma for her birthday! If this isn't me I don't know what is.

This was purchased at Lou-Lou's on Connecticut Avenue in D.C. They just recently opened another boutique on "F" Street which I frequent quite often. (Their main store is in downtown Middleburg, Virginia).
I hope you all have a very good weekend! I'm off to celebrate in style. Hmm - I think I'll stop by Pizza Hut and order a black olive thin-n-cripsy pizza. I'm the only one I know that likes black olives but it's my birthday so I get to do what I want, right? Right.
Come back next week because I'll have a LOT of exciting news for ya! Whoa there, Nelly - try not to get too excited!
OH! I almost forgot. You can now order "False Victim" on BarnesandNoble.com and Amazon.com!
Until next time,
Kathie


10 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Congratulations, Kathie. I look forward to reading False Victim.

I like your take on age. It is mine, as well. I had my 67th birthday July 25th. My friends and many of my old classmates (LHS'61) share this same aging philosophy. We do not "feel" old, at all.

Happy Birthday!

SouthernProletariat said...

Happy Birthday!! (I had no idea your book was based on your own experiences! I am so very sorry that you went through that!) And your grand-daughter obivously has great taste! :)

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm looking forward to attending the event on August 3rd and reading your book.

Enjoy the weekend.

Lisa Ann said...

Happy Birthday! Can't wait to get your book.

Mrs. G said...

Happy Birthday Kathie! I can't wait to get a copy of your book. What an ordeal that must have been for you and your beautiful family. BTW, you look fabulous in all your pictures.
xoxo

Muffy Aldrich said...

Congratulations on both the book and your birthday (from a fellow 48 year old)!

Sandra said...

Congratulations on publishing a book; wonderful accomplishment! Happy Birthday as well, may you celebrate many, many more.

~Crystal~ said...

I was hoping you would post some pics from that night!

Lovely bracelet. :)

Bringing Pretty Back said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!Happy Birthday!!!
Thank you so much for comment on our photo. haha!
What an exciting book signing party!
How exciting!
You look gorgeous in your photos!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Kathie! Wonderful news about your book signing, it sounds like a fantastic venue and a great time. Also, I loove olives, black included so I'd eat them with you anytime. :)