Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yikes! I've been lyin'.

On the back of my book underneath my authors photo it states that I 'maintain a daily blog called Hillbilly Debutante'. Well I do have a blog. You're at it and 'Hillbilly Debutante' is the name, but that 'daily' bit is false advertising. I'll try to do better.


Here are some new pics from my release day party at restaurant "Floriana" in DuPont Circle in the heart of Washington, D.C. This event was a smaller crowd and I had the chance to visit with each of my guests and savor the moment.



This is my friend Sharon. Guess how we met. Give up? When 'Victoria' magazine re-launched back in 2007 I joined the Victoria website chat room and found that a few of the ladies I was chatting with were local. Sharon was one of those women. We decided to meet and as they say, the rest is history.


This is Beth. She used to work for my husband and she's one of my favorite people of all time. She is always, and I mean always happy.

One of the highlights of the night was meeting Bethany from Maryland Pink and Green. She's beautiful, so, so sweet and very ladylike. You'll find her link on my blog list on the main page.

A girlfriend from high school - Teresa (Haines) Kripp also came down for the celebration. I haven't seen in her in over 30 years! I was afraid I wouldn't recognize her but I did right off the bat. She hasn't aged at all!

I'm hoping to to take a Hillbilly road trip soon to New Town, Pennsylvania to visit her. I've never been in that part of the country before and I'm needin' a road trip!

And this is just a random picture to remind me to keep my nose to the grindstone, pen to paper and keep my eye on the prize.
Now wouldn't I look cute driving that truck into Waterford, Virginia?
Only 3 more years to go.



6 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

For future books I hear "gracie beth" is a good name for a character ;P

Bethany said...

The best part of my evening was meeting YOU! You're fabulous and your book is wonderful. I stayed up late and could not put down the book. What a powerful store.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

trash talk said...

I think you would look cuter than puppies in a basket in that truck!

You are really making the rounds. What fun!
Debbie
P.S. And as Truvy would say "Honey, you're hair is holding up beautifully!"

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Kathie: I love your haircut and makeup in these photos! You look SO CUTE!!!! What fun to watch as you go through this journey after all your hard work!
XOXO
Joni

DAM said...

Kathy - sorry to have missed the party, but was away on vacation.

I went to order the book from Amazon nd it's Sold Out already?

It also much be pretty awesome to type in 'False V' and see your name come up in the drop down box.

Congrats.

Penny said...

You look so pretty in that photo with your mother. Good luck with all of the book tours.