Wednesday, November 24, 2010

*Disclaimer: if you haven't read my novel "False Victim: Based on a True Story" then todays post will be totally foreign to you. I apologize, these are things I just need to say. Tune in next week to my regularly scheduled programming*
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and with the exception of my beautiful family and amazing friends I feel this year I have more than usual to be thankful for. I have a lot of ground to cover so I'll strive to keep this as concise as possible.
Dear Lynn,
It's you whom I am most thankful for. While you worked ever so diligently to destroy my life God was using you to elevate me to heights I didn't know possible. You had no clue that during those years that you were trying to take my child, discredit me, ruin my career and have me (falsely) imprisoned that even then I had made a promise to turn it around and make it the best thing that ever happened me. And with His guidance, I have.
How different my life would be now if Anne, someone I trusted so completely to step forward with the truth, hadn't have let fear of you overrule her sense of decency.
How different indeed.
But that's all in the past. No time to dwell. There are e-mails to be answered from my publicist, readers, movie and documentary producers. There are daily schedules to be checked wondering what city or state I am in from week to week and of course some time in between all these I have to find a few minutes to work on my next novel.
I'm not boasting. No, far from it.
As I said, if it hadn't been for you....
My only hope now is that the people you've done this to your whole life (there are many) can find some sort of peace and semblance.
But most of all my prayer is for the person you're hurting right now - because God knows you can't stop yourself.
**To my dear readers - especially book clubs who've hosted me in your homes this year - I think you understand my desire to vocalize my feelings right now. I am so thankful to all of you. After all what good is it to be a writer if people don't want to buy your book? Thank YOU for taking a chance on this first-time author. My love to all of you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.**

8 comments:

Lisa Ann said...

I'm thankful for your friendship Kathie. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Love Ya!

Sheena Simpson said...

I hope it burns her reading this Ms. Kathie. Knowing she can never be you.

trash talk said...

God will always turn it around...always. Some call it Karma, some coincidence, others fate...I call it God's grace and favor. You are a blessed woman,
Debbie

megan said...

Kathie:
You go girl, you are strong. After reading your book, I did wonder what had happened to Lynn and whether she was called upon to account for her actions. I also wonder if she read your book.
As you say, that is all past and you have risen to great heights.
Have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family.

Katydid said...

Does she follow your blog too? What a weirdo!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. My son is slowly improving. He had no spinal cord injuries according to tests. He has a severe whiplash. It was heartbreaking to see him try to walk. But I am so thankful that he is not paralyzed or worse.
have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I live in Alexandria and I never heard about this until recently. Where did this take place? The City of Alexandria or the Fairfax COunty part? Does "Lynne" still live here? What neighborhood was it?

Kathie Truitt said...

Anonymous, It happened in Woodbridge from 2001 to 2005. We finally were forced to leave Prince William County for our safety. She would have killed me if we hadn't.

TJ said...

I am so sorry you had to go through this, but as I believe, everything happens for a reason. I am so proud of you for rising above it all. I was blessed to meet you today at your book signing and I look forward to your next book!
Trisha Hamilton
Va. Beach