Monday, November 29, 2010

I trust you all had a happy and over-abundant day of Thanksgiving. I know we did here at the Truitt household.

It was a busy, busy weekend. Two of our children (son-in-law and daughter) own an Italian Restaurant in Washington D.C.'s DuPont Circle, "Floriana".


Pause a moment while I brag...."Floriana" was recently named one of the top five Italian restaurants in D.C. and the metro area. The restaurant is located at 17th and Q - call ahead for reservations and feel free to name drop (Kathie Truitt) and I am sure you'll get one of the best tables just (snap fingers!) like that.



Anyway, back to Thanksgiving - the kids closed the restaurant for the day and hosted around 20 people for before-dinner cocktails and an exquisite late afternoon meal.

The following night we started what we hope will be a tradition. Rachael, my mother and I took Sophia with us to attend the Potowmack Debutante Reception in Georgetown on Friday night. (More on that to come with photos, of course).


On Saturday night we went to the Debutante Ball, sans Sophia. It was a perfectly lovely, formal evening but definitely not for a toddler. (Pictures to follow in a day or two)

It was also my 29th wedding anniversary. Sorry, no wedding photos - I'm fodder for enough jokes as it is.

I have so much I want to share with you, so much going on but I am limited on time today.

Tomorrow. I promise.

Right now, though, I want to hear about YOU! Yes, you. I am so sorry that I don't get a chance to come over and comment on your blogs - especially those of you that always leave comments (especially you, Miss Dollie D.) but I promise every day I visit everyone on my blog roll and visit all of those who've left comments. I really am interested in you and what's going on.

So, please leave me a line or two and let me know what's going on in your life. It can be good/bad/indifferent. Even if I don't 'talk back' for a while I can always send up a prayer of rejoicing, thanksgiving and encouragement on your behalf.

Until next time,

Kathie






4 comments:

sherri norman said...

Sounds like a wonderfull weekend! But haven't you noticed, anytime you have family by your side, it's a wonderfull time! Enjoy! Love and miss you! Happy Holiday's to you and your sweeties!

Nezzy said...

Oh what a fab Thanksgiving you had. Your daughter and SIL are the cutest darn couple! :o)

Me??? Well ya didn't see me at any debutant balls. Nope, the whole clan (35-37...lost count) piled in here at the Ponderosa. I cooked a 30 pound turkey and was knee deep in dressing! After the last bite of turkey is gobbled up the Alpha Males usually bring out the guns and there's a whole lotta shootin' goin' on.

Don't ya just miss 'hill' life girl? Heeehehehe!

God bless ya and have a stupendous week sweetie!!!

santoshi prasad said...

Benchmarks pared intraday losses and slipped in the positive terrain as buying activity picked up in metals, FMCG and capital goods counters. Meanwhile auto, oil&gas and banks continued to remain sluggish.

“Daily oscillators are giving mixed readings thus indicating a range bound market. Last two sessions suggest that going forward, unless the Nifty closes above the 50DMA, the uptrend would get arrested and the move would get restricted to a range trade between 5855-6030 in the short-term. www.puntercalls.com

JHB said...

luk , dats interesting . I'm at 22nd age . sharing wishes and love always shows in return something there is always for us .still now i have not started any blogs which resembles neither my life styles nor my activities .after reading sum blog like urs , i have an idea of original blogging . after i started my blog ... i will follow urs . still then an anonymous islamic will follow urs ... by JHB