Thursday, December 23, 2010

I had a big, long article, replete with fancy words to tell you of how much you mean to me and how wonderful this year had been because of you.
I ripped it up and threw it in the trash. Ridiculous.
I am just not a 'fancy-talk' kind of girl.
Don't get me wrong - I have what I consider to be a keen vocabulary.
I make it a point to learn several new words a day, going so far as to write them in a notebook to commit to memory.
I've done this since I was a child which has turned out to be a good thing, given that our lifestyle often requires me to 'hob-knob' with scholars and dignitaries. But even then I don't throw 'big words' around unless the situation absolutely requires it. Sometimes I get frustrated at bloggers, essayists, novelists, and everyday folks who use elaborate words when it's easier just to use common, everyday language. It more often that not comes across as being 'show-offy'. Prententious.
So, I just simply want to say 'thank you.' To those of you who took a chance on this first-time author I can not say that enough....
I have loved every single letter and e-mail you have sent.
I have loved every single book-club I have either visited or conducted over a phone call.
I enjoyed meeting every single one of you at my various book signings across the country (and look forward to meeting more of you next year).
I am appreciative of ever one of you who took the time to join my author fan page and/or friended me on facebook.
My life - my family's life - has changed in a profoundly, positive way because of YOU.
I just can't express my gratitude enough.....
I pray that you have the merriest of Christmases, and that your families are happy, healthy and together this season.
It has been many years since I have looked to the future with hope...and for the first time in a while I look forward to the next year and all the possibilites.
But, in the midst of the excitement of the season and all that accompanies it, let us not forget that 'Jesus is the reason for the season'.


(my daughter Rachael and I in front of the tree in front of her and her husbands restaurant)


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY, PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

17 comments:

Greg said...

Merry Chritmas, Kathie!

Greg said...

That should say "Christmas." :)

Kathie Truitt said...

Merry Christmas to you, too Greg!!

Gracie Beth said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy baby's first Christmas!

Nezzy said...

You and your gal are just beautiful girl!!!

May you and yours have a very blessed and Merry Christmas filled with friends, family and fudge baby, rich delicious heaps of fudge!!!

Katydid said...

So glad to have met you via the Blogworld!
What a beautiful picture of you and your daughter!
God Bless,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing you and your beautiful family a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy every precious moment! Loved the picture of you and Rachael.

sherri norman said...

Heres wishing you and your beautiful family a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy every precious moment! I loved the picture of you and Rachael!

Mona said...

Merry Christmas Kathie!

Lisa Ann said...

Merry Christmas Kathie. Your friendship, love and support mean more to me than words can say. Love you to!

trash talk said...

Merry Christmas my friend. I feel the exact same way and my life has been blessed because of your friendship. May the New Year bring an opportunity to perhaps meet. (I still think you should do a book signing in Texas!)
Debbie
P.S. If you ever catch me being ostentatious...remind not to fly too high!

santoshi prasad said...

Benchmarks pared intraday losses and slipped in the positive terrain as buying activity picked up in metals, FMCG and capital goods counters. Meanwhile auto, oil&gas and banks continued to remain sluggish.

“Daily oscillators are giving mixed readings thus indicating a range bound market. Last two sessions suggest that going forward, unless the Nifty closes above the 50DMA, the uptrend would get arrested and the move would get restricted to a range trade between 5855-6030 in the short-term. www.puntercalls.com

reneewriter65 said...

Lovely picture of you and Rache. A very Merry Christmas to your whole family!! Love you to bits!!! ; )

AshTreeCottage said...

My very best wishes for a Blessed Christmas for you and your family!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Muffy Aldrich said...

Nicely written. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Kathie!

Bringing Pretty Back said...

Kathie, No... Thank YOU. You & Your blog are such an inspiration to me. More than you even know.
Hugs.
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

merry xmas can u follow me at blog in peaace or hippy girl

thx