Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's a rainy day in Virginia....

which reminds me so much of England. Did I ever tell you I lived in Britain for almost 5 years back in my early twenties? Hmm...no, I don't believe I mentioned it, did I?
Oh well...another time, perhaps.

So this rainy, dismal day means one thing at my house. Soon the main floor will permeate of wet canine. I'm not complaining. Far from it. The only thing missing is the smell of wet boots drying out from their trip to the barn, the aroma of horse blankets, saddles, and sweaty horses. ((sigh))
Go ahead. Laugh, turn up your noses. Make fun of me. I don't care.
Ah yes, if I close my eyes, take in a deep, slow breath my mind wanders back to just 2 short years ago and I can almost smell it.
Wet dogs and horses.

Heaven.

5 comments:

Toad said...

We had our first snowfall of the season overnight. The pups are getting reacquainted with the cold wet mess. Add to the smell of wet dogs, a good fire. that's heaven.

~Crystal~ said...

I want to know about this time in England. ;)

Shanda said...

Hi Kathie, got your message about Kathie Lee and Hoda. I am not 100% percent sure I saw it on their 4th hour of the Today Show, but I am quite certain I heard the review on the Today show at some point because it about all I watch during the day. I TiVo it and them watch it throughout the day. Your book was on there along with anothet book called 'Stop calling him honey and start having sex". stop laughing....I'm being serious. Both books had very good reviews from the lady recommending them. They called yours a "can't put down page turner"....hence thats why I bought it. It came highly recommended. I did enjoy reading it also. I told my hhusband all about it, we have been amazed for years how one phone call to the authorities can almost wreak someones life. And...I know Kenny Hulshof...I grew up down in Southeast Missouri, a tiny little town called Randles. It is so cool to read your books and see names like that. Love every page of it.
So cool to be friends with you also.
Take care,
Chanda

Sue Giannotta said...

It all sounds wonderful to me...

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I came over to your blog from Shanda's because I am also a writer, I also have horses, and I also live in Virginia.

I looked at your profile. Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte and Secondhand Lions are two of my favorite movies! But I'm not big on What About Bob? even though I live at Smith Mountain Lake.