Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

There are many Sir Winston Churchill quotes I like but the above citation is so relevant (for me).


It bears repeating: "If you're going through hell, keep going."
Face it. We all have problems. Some big. Some small. Whatever 'hell' you're going through right now, please trust me....just look straight ahead and keep marching. I don't care if the devil is dancing in front of you, don't look at him.
Just. Keep. Walking.
I had just about as perfect of a life as a woman could have. Overnight things changed, as if often the case. My walk through the fire was four years.
Four, long, hard, anguished years. I didn't know if I'd ever recover. If I ever could recover.
In almost every book club I have attended (and there have been many), it is inevitable that I'll be asked, "Have you gotten to the point that you're happy that this happened to you?"
The first time I cringed, but politely said, 'no'. On to the next book club, and the next and the next and the next. Each time my response is 'no', but each time I cringed less and replied 'no' with less conviction.
Today I look at my life. My beautiful, wonderful, life. And I can finally say 'yes' - I am thankful for all that has happened.
Dreams that once seemed impossible are coming to fruition. Goals that I was sure weren't meant to be are manifesting. All because of what was put before me.
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
I believe in God and I never doubted for a minute that He would come to my rescue if I did not cave in to the pressure to seek revenge. And the pressure was great. I prayed that my wish for revenge would not over ride my love for God - and I won't lie to you my friends, sometimes it almost did.
But I knew - I knew - I'd get through it and I'd some how, some way, make it the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I did.
My bond with old friends is stronger than ever, and for every 'friend' that betrayed me - God replaced them ten-fold.
You see, I don't care much about material blessings, though God has been gracious in that regard, as well. All I want is all I need.
The most important thing in the world to me is people - being surrounded by those whom I can trust, those whom I love and love me back. And I have that.
Ten-fold from what I used to have.
I knew when I was 'walking through hell' that something wonderful was waiting for me on the other side - I had no clue just how wonderful.
If YOU are making that walk right now, please....just. keep. going. Don't look back. Don't look side to side. Stare straight. And just keep walking. I promise you - NO, GOD promises you, that there is a plan for you on the other side.
Without further adieu, put on that fireproof suit right now. Don't wait! Go!
Your reward is on the other side!
(please share with me some of your stories. I'd love to use some of them as examples for some of my upcoming speaking engagements. I won't use names!)
Kathie

6 comments:

Marydon said...

Beautiful sahre, Kathie ... yes, keep on walking, don't look any other direction. Doing that right now ...

Happy St. Paddy's Day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17
http://blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com/2011/03/swing-high-swing-love-csn-giveaway.html

Princess Freckles said...

It's wonderful that you have reached the point where you can actually say you're glad for everything you've been through. I'm sure that took a long time.

I couldn't agree more that when things are awful, you just have to keep on keeping on. What else is there to do really?

Cher' Shots said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing.
'hugs from afar'

Amy said...

I have never read your blog before, and I'm not even sure why or how I got here, but your post today was very uplifting and more than appropriate for me and my walk in life, right now!

I would definitely say the Lord works in mysterious ways! :)

Anonymous said...

I understand. I had a time when my youngest child (girl) got into the wrong crowd, wrong substance to escape, missed school alot, tore my husband and I apart, our family, problems with our businesses, everything was a mess. I WANTED to run, hide, giveup, take the responsibility, reject the responsibility - I had to check the ego...pray,seek God, Seek help as a parent, human, my marriage etc. We made it thru it and got stronger. I read that sometimes God wants us to go thru the "fires" because that is where we learn best and not to be prevented from the 'fires'. Trust, step by step. Understanding happens later. The bible talks about patiences...sometimes the learning and understanding takes the patiences.
Your post and your words really sum it up beautifully.

Longineswatch said...

Your blog is very interesting! Christian Louboutin Pumps Christian Louboutin louboutin pumps Longines Longines Watch Rolex Watch Omega Watchyou like it? Get a girlfriend, she'll love,This is my blog, exchange links with us to make friends http://www.longinesuk.co.uk