Monday, April 18, 2011

Beach Week

Many of you have sent messages wanting to see pictures of some of the events I've attended lately. I have no author events in April or May (except for a book club in Falls Church, VA later in May) and rather than writing on my next novel like I should be doing I instead been focusing on my social life - something I'd put on hold the past few years. The picture below is what I wore to have tea with the Australian Ambassadors wife at their residence in D.C. with the Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary. Okay, everyone. Keep in my mind I am a writer - NOT a photographer.
Sophia, Grandma and Grandad in front of her Daddy's restaurant - Floriana (on 17th and Q in Washington, DC).


Mr. T and I went to Vegas with some friends for a few days in the middle of March. What fun! While shopping I just happened to run into Tommy Hilfiger. His lovely wife, Dee was sweet enough to snap this photo of us.


I wanted sooooo bad to see Barry Manilow while we were there but I didn't dare ask. Mr. T seeing Barry Manilow is like taking me to see the Monster Truck show - it ain't happenin'. However, Mr. T. pulled off the ultimate surprise and not only did he take me to see Mr. Manilow but we had FRONT. ROW. SEATS!!! Woo-hoo!


Then back home in time for the Capital Speakers Club Fashion Show at Saks in Chevy Chase. (That's me in the hat and my daughter, second from the right). We dined on savory seared tuna with fresh vegetables while watching the models work the catwalk in the latest spring fashions. But, I was only home for a wee bit.


We arrived at the beach house at 5:00 last night. After unpacking my clothes, makeup bag, and putting groceries away I strolled the beach, basking in the glow of a silvery, full moon as the tide roared in and out. Perfect.



We're about 5oo yards from the beach. Our bedroom is on the back side and I always leave the french door open so I can be lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves. I always plan to get writing done while I'm here but there is absolutely no way. Especially not with this view:


And this will be my view for the next 7 days. Sophia is due to arrive with her parents in a couple of hours, so I doubt that you hear from me for the remainder of the stay. As you can imagine it's nearly impossible to write with a 21 month old perched on your lap. Until next time.....


Kathie

5 comments:

Marydon said...

What a lovely filled agenda & events you've had Kathie. Will have to pop by this restaurant for sure. Have a beautiful stay at the ocean.

Have an EGGS-TRA blessed Easter ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

You have been BUSY! What fun to have a beach vacay with the little granddaughter! ENJOY your time with your family, it's the most important thing right now, can't wait, of course, to see some cute pics of your little Sophia, when you get back home and have some time to upload them. What fun she'll have, and you too!
xoxo
Joni

Becky said...

The beach house is fabulous.

Bringing Pretty Back said...

Kathie~ HOW COOL to see Tommy!!! OH GIRL! Monster truck show.... I hear ya~ !!!
That beach house is unbelievable!!! ENJOY every minute with your family!
Kristin

www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...

can more freedom boyfriend herve leger dresses above may be in this Agron surfers voted best dressed XuanBin and Lin xiujing will skirt the tower, in past ceremony Herve Leger Skirt can calculate general. And especially is Diana skin fair Herve Leger strapless skinneds in vain, good foil a pink dress, the court move on if hairstyle Balmain Dresses some more floriferous idea effect should be more