Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for Mother's Day

For whatever reason, when the kids were little I started a Mother's Day Tradition. When they would ask me what I wanted to do for my special day, I always picked what I knew were THEIR favorite activities, rather than mine. After all, how many kids do YOU know that want to go antiquing all day? Sit by the river and watch the Eagles fly over? Or tour George Washington's Mount Vernon for the umpteenth time? Exactly. So instead of dragging them kicking and screaming for a 'boring' drive through Virginia hunt country, they shall for all eternity remember their mother riding "The Intimidator" at Kings Dominion. I know I will. It's hard to forget a ride that goes 0-75 in 1.2 seconds (and I didn't even puke). And yes, I'm sure they'll fondly look back for years to come on trips to the zoo, waterparks, and tasty Mother's Day meals at McDonald's and Chuck E. Cheese's.

While they're both grown now I have still managed to hold on to this tradition. We start off each Mother's Day the same. Church, then lunch at their favorite restaurant.


This year we catered to granddaughter Sophia and went to McDonald's. After she ate half of her chicken nuggets and fed the other half to Uncle William, or 'Wowm" as she calls him, she and her mommy left to start their own traditions. First to see her Daddy at his restaurant "Floriana". Then she and Mommy were going to celebrate her and Daddy's heritage at DC's "Italian Festival." Ciao, Bella (said, of course, in my best hillbilly drawl Italian accent.)




William




Rachael





Sweet Dino was the only one missing from the mix today and he was sorely missed. (I don't know how we got so lucky to have him in our family, but we thank God for him every single day!)

Anyway - back to moi! After the girls left us to go do their own thing, William wanted to treat me to a movie.


"I'll see anything you want, Mom." Seriously, how sweet is that? But I KNOW he doesn't want to see a chick flick, so I inform him that I have been DYING to see 'Fast and Furious - Part 5".

Now, before you start canonizing me into 'sainthood' you need to know.....




Paul Walker.....



Vin Diesel......



and last but most certainly not least




Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson were ALL in ONE movie. Oh yeah......Happy Mother's Day to me!

9 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

It sounds like an absolutely wonderful day to me! You are an awesome mom and grandmom, Kathie!
xoxo
Joni

trash talk said...

The things we do to make our children happy! It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it...right?
Debbie

Becky said...

Those men make perfect gifts for Mother's Day! Maybe that is what I should've asked for.
Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Bringing Pretty Back said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT is a chick flick. hahaha!
Love your Mother's day traditions!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

hammertime426 said...

Love your book! Couldn't put it down!

Beth Dunn said...

LOL I dated the guy that produced that movie! You are the prettiest grandmother alive!
xoxo
SC

hapi said...

Hi Kathie Truitt, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Kathie Truitt said...

Hammertime - I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for letting me know.

zhang1 said...

wholesale NFL Jerseys
NFL Jerseys 2012



1
NFL Jerseys
NFL Jerseys 2011
Youth NFL Jerseys

2
2011 NFL Pro Bowl
Arizona Cardinals Jerseys
Baltimore Ravens Jerseys

3
Carolina Panthers Jerseys
Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys
Dallas Cowboys Jerseys

4

Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys
Green Bay Packers Jerseys
Indianapolis Colts Jerseys

5

Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys
Minnesota Vikings Jerseys
New Orleans Saints Jerseys

6

New York Jets Jerseys
Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys
San Francisco 49ers Jerseys

7
St. Louis Rams Jerseys
Tennessee Titans Jerseys