Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cowgirl Glamour....

The suits/dresses I wore when touring for "False Victim" just won't work for "The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe" series. So, I've moved all my 'serious, business clothes' to the back of the closet and dustin' off my 'cowgirl chic' wardrobe.


Of course, those of you who have been following me for some time know that my signature wardrobe staple is my rain boots. While I normally don't have good luck at thrift stores when it comes to clothes, I just happened to stumble on to these brand, spankin' new Hunter's. You will absolutely keel over from a heart attack when I tell you how much I paid for them. Are ya' sittin' down?
$17.90. I know! crazy, huh? (These babies retail for over $200).
I can't wait for it to rain!!! Aw, what the heck? Who needs rain? I'll wear 'em to water my flowers in. Or ride my bike. Or go to the movies. Grocery Store. Church. Bed

Anyway, I am now up to 10 pair of rain boots. Somebody! Please stop me!

I am also about to take the plunge with the below prairie skirt from Victorian Trading Company.


Relax, just the skirt, not the camisole. I wouldn't dare bare that much skin. Nope. (Even in high school I used to wear my Dad's t-shirts over my swimsuit).  But wouldn't the skirt be great with my cowboy boots?
and with my denim jacket....
tossed in with these fabulous jewels by Glamorella Junk? You MUST visit her website.


So, there you have it...

Any other suggestions? Please let me know.

Oops - gotta go. Granddaughter Sophia is here and it's time to play dress up and have tea!

I'm going on a road trip this weekend so I'll be back with you on Tuesday.

Til next time,

Kathie

6 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Kathie...you hit the motherlode with those boots!

I also love the clothes from Junk Gypsy. Here is their site:

http://www.gypsyville.com/store/store_summary.asp

Visit this site also:
http://www.breathingbesideus.com/aboutme.html
This is my friend Debbie Hodge and she's got some really fab clothes that look great with boots.

I am in the midst of designing some belt buckles full of bling bling....a bling buckle would be awesome with just about anything...especially boots!

Have a wonderful day with your Grandlittle!

LuLu~*xoxo

p.s. I have a HUGE obsession with rain boots too! Birdies of a feather!

Cher' Shots said...

and don't forget to top yourself off with a right proper cowgirl hat! At the very least, a bandana rolled and tied into your locks.
'hugs from afar'

Becky said...

Fabulous post...I can't wait to check out Glamorella Junk...that is right up my alley.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

Hey girly...remember me...oh i just thought to stop in and check you out...girly...glad your book is doing fine...and those boots...woooowweeeeeee lil' doggy simply awesome! huggs kitten

Marydon said...

Kathie ~ Those boots are foot stompin' gorgeous. Love the jacket also.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Bring Pretty Back said...

Lovin that you are going back to your own style! Gorgeous! Yes, that skirt is so pretty!!!
And Mrs. Biden today... awesome!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin