Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We're all 'shook' up....

pun intended. I experienced my very first earthquake ever today while shopping in Georgetown. However since the earth always seems to move beneath my feet when I shop in Georgetown - especially when I step into Ralph Lauren - I had no idea that's what it was until people started panicking and screaming, "Earthquake!"

Besides that and the wretched, worse-than-rush-hour-traffic and discovering one of my 'horsey' pictures had been knocked off the fireplace and scattered big chunks of glass all over the living room floor, it really wasn't all that bad. So life goes on.....

To my Northern Virginia/Washington DC readers, here's a heads up: I will be signing copies of "False Victim" at Glory Be in Occoquan, Virginia this Friday morning from 2-4, and then again on Saturday from 9-11. Come by and see me - even if you've already purchased the book I'd love to chat and tell you all about my new novel coming out next spring. Also, it's Glory Be's Fall Open House. I know for a fact that Marla has just made it back from market and a buying trip in Pennsylvania. I'm excited to see her new collections and home decorations! Once again, join me this Friday from 2-4 and then again on Saturday from 9-11.

Log on to http://www.glorybeva.com/ to see why this is one of my favorite home decorating stores!

5 comments:

trash talk said...

Whew...thought sure those tremors were caused by all the fat cats dropping the ball.
Glad y'all are all right...seriously.
Good luck with your signing.
Deb

Becky said...

So glad that the damage wasn't any worse.

randommusingslady said...

Glad y'all are safe! Thanks for the Glory Be link...I REALLY want the 'Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much' piece!! Maybe one of these days I'll get there and buy it! lol

Mona said...

It's good to read that you're safe and had minimal damage!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Thank God you are ok!
Have fun at the signing!!!
Kristin