Friday, November 18, 2011

Bye, Bye Ugly Blog

I have thought for sometime now that Hillbilly Debutante was in dire need of a makeover. That opinion was confirmed when my dear friend Brenda, with whom I share one of those rare relationships in which she can and often does offer her unabashed opinion blurted, "Your blog is ugly!" She took a deep breath. "There I said it."

First of all, let me explain Brenda. We are close. Very close. As in like a sister, close. She is the only person (outside of Mr. T) that has the privilege of weighing in on 'all things Kathie'.  For instance, if you told me that I was gaining weight, I would plot and plan how to make you suffer forever! BAWAHAHAHA (evil laugh) - as I was starting my 6th mile on the treadmill. But if Brenda told me I was gaining weight I'd simply shrug and say, "I know. Pass me another piece of cake, please." That's how close we are. So, if my usually-intrepid friend was afraid to tell me pride and joy was ugly, then it must really be...well, ugly!

So, today I am taking steps to fix that. Sometime in mid-February, right before the release of my new novel, we will unveil a brand new "Hillbilly Debutante".

Not only will she have a new physical appearance, but I hope to breathe new, fresh life into her content as well.  I've been sporadic and stale. And I have just the cure for that. We'll be taking our yearly sailing trip over Thanksgiving. There is nothing better for 'bloggers block' than sea air! So while my husband and his friends do all the work, I will take up my usual perch on the front of the catamaran, dangle my legs over the side, feel the sea water splash on my face, ponder my next move, and thank God for all that He has blessed me with....

Til next time,

Kathie

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Eager to see your new design. I have kicked around the idea of a re-design, too. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's your beautiful writing that makes your blog! Have a great trip!
Trisha

trash talk said...

I'm with Trish. It's the words baby cakes...the words that take my breath.
Debbie
P.S. Fan a little of that sea spray down Texas way...'kay?

Bunderosa Queen said...

I love the old blog but I am sure I will love the new one too! You are a busy gal!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Can't wait!

Moving Companies said...

great blog..





Truck Rental
Self Moving
One Way Truck Rental
One Way Van Rental
Major Moving Companies
Auto Shipping Companies
New York Moving Companies