Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jesus take the Wheel....er....um...bike handles

I had a meeting in New York City yesterday and afterwards as I was trying to hail a cab, this young man offered me a ride in his three-wheel bike-cab. Always up for an adventure I thought, 'Why the heck not?'

I have never been so terrified nor so exhilarated in my entire life!! Cabs/buses/limousines/cars/delivery trucks were within a hairs breadth of turning us into a grease spot in the road! I mean, folks, when you can smell the Halal on the breath of the yellow cab driver as he drives past you with his window down, madly cursing the bike driver, you know your life in in grave danger. I can't wait to do it again.

As a matter of fact, I'm getting dressed to go see 'Wicked' and rather than wait in that long taxi line I may have to hone my hog-calling whistle and hail a bike- cab to the show. If you don't hear from me later, you'll know why.....

Til Next Time (hopefully)

Kathie

7 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh. My. GOSH! I can just see you all cute and adorable, hair flying in this thing! I am in awe of your bravery. I think you should immediately sign up for Survivor!
MERRY CHRISTmas my friend, to all of you! LOVE YA!
Joni

Bring Pretty Back said...

What fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it! Have a blast my friend!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

trash talk said...

Yee to the haw! Ride 'em cowgirl!
Merry Christmas!!!
Deb

LuLu Kellogg said...

You are my kind of gal. I would have been right there with you squealing with delight!

I am still recovering from my totally unexpected surgery and getting more bored by the minute since I can't get out and be frivolous so I will just live vicariously through you for now!

Merry Merry, Fa la la and all that rot!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

email me when you can so we can try to set up a lunch date after I am all healed up!

coastal.sisters@verizon.net

Becky said...

You are so much braver than I am.

Nezzy said...

Sounds like a sure thrill to me!!! We country gal know that there's no 'rush' in playin' it safe!

Have a great time a 'Wicked'! I hear it's a must see! Kinda' tunin' green here..... :o)

God bless ya sweet Tiny Town sister and have a wonderful bright and beautiful Christmas filled with the laughter of great friends, the love of family and fudge girl...ya gotta have fudge!

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'LL!!!! :O)

Nezzy said...

Oops...gettin' so dang forgetful in my old age.

We'll talk closer to summertime. Our summer schedule is always unbelievable.