Monday, December 5, 2011

New cover and new author photo

This is the cover for the next book. One of my endorsers describe "The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe" as "Fried Green Tomatoes meets Steel Magnolias and Mayberry RFD with My Name is Earl sprinkled on top."


Another: "...reminiscent of a cross between Garrison Keillor and Phillip Gulley." (gulp!)
But the best? ((holding back tears)) Southern Lady magazine:  "....Kathie Truitt is the southern voice of great storytelling." Please tell me I'm not dreaming!!!

And this is my new author photo with my two best friends who also happen to be characters!

credit: Robb Jolly, official Hillbilly Debutante photographer

That's right! Violet and Sally are fixtures in the plot. There was a similiar pose that was actually better of me, but not the girls and of course since they're the stars of the show we (Sally, Violet and myself) had an emergency meeting and they decided that it was best to portray them in the best light, rather than me.  I totally concur - after all, who am I?  Only the author.

Still no release date. We will let you know as soon as we hear the news.

Til next time,

Kathie, Violet and Sally

5 comments:

Marydon said...

This is a captivating snippet ... dying to know when it comes out.

Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

PS Pop over for our GIVEAWAY

Gracie Beth said...

You are looking HAWT on your cover!

~Crystal~ said...

Can't wait to read it!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can't wait until this comes out since I enjoyed your other book immensely!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Beth Dunn said...

Love the new cover! And what they said about you in the magazine. Congrats.
xoxo
SC