Friday, January 13, 2012

Join me for Live Tweets Miss America-style!

 This year is special as I have known Sydney Friar, Miss Missouri since before she was born.
  

Miss Missouri Sydney Friar and her proud grandmother, Mrs. Friar

As a matter of fact, she is mentioned in my new novel, "The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe" because she just happens to be from the tiny town where the story takes place - El Dorado Springs, Missouri!

Rhonda Shellhorn Friar, Miss Missouri Sydney Friar, and Jerry Friar


Those of you who are familiar with my tweets/facebook dialogue during the Country Music Awards should know that this particular feed will be 'snark-free'.  These girls are so young and they all have worked so hard to get to this point and they are all so deserving of the Miss America crown. So everything I talk about regarding the contestants will be very positive. The judges and emcees? All bets are off.  They're fair game.

If you are on twitter, follow me at @ktruitt. If you don't have twitter and you want to join my play-by-play on Facebook please join my personal page 'Kathie Truitt".

2 comments:

trash talk said...

I like that you travel "snark" free. These girls deserve respect for all that they have accomplished and kept their clothes on while doing it.
I wish I twittered...but then I really wouldn't get anything done around this hill.
Deb

Nezzy said...

Oh how I was rootin' for this almost Home Town gal. She's sure a hoot and and holler.

I bet ya had a blast!

God bless ya! :o)