Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Southern Living Dixie Road Trip

Remember your challenge for this year? To "Make Living a Wonderful Art"? I hope you are really, truly finding the simple beauty in everyday life. In keeping with this theme I've decided to visit at least one business that is featured in each month's Southern Living magazine. 



So, last week I packed up 'Dixie Red' my pickup truck and travelled 'cross country with my dog best friend Sally and headed to Springfield, Missouri to PFI Western Store.

Y'see I've been in the market for some cowboy boots and it just so happens that Southern Living named PFI as one of the top 10 places in the South to buy 'em.





I always announce on Facebook when and where I'm going be some place, so when I arrived at the store - 1100 miles from home -  imagine my delight when I saw these lovely ladies waiting for me!! Meet Victoria, Shirley, Twila and Jackie. Thank you ladies!!



Here are the beautiful PFI girls holding February's edition of Southern Living.  Can you believe they didn't even know they were named one of the top 10 southern 'Boot-iques'?


This cutie is Trae, but I called him Mr. Patient while he allowed Sally to roam around the boot section and helped me try on 12 million pair of boots before making my decision. By the way, Sally was really the star of the show that day. Everyone, young and old alike, stopped to pet her and talk to her. She loved all the attention!

Even Randy, the owner, didn't know he was being featured in the magazine. Love that smile when I showed him the article!



Paul Patterson aka Bootdaddy, me, owner Randy Little, and Sally


My brand-spankin' new red Nocona's and Dan Posts's (with the crown draped over them) proudly displayed with my trusty worn-out brown Justin's.

What a wonderful day! And congratulations to Randy Little and all the great folks at PFI Western Wear in Springfield, Missouri.

(pfi.com)

Until next time,

Kathie



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have gone with you. I need to 'cowgirl up' and get a new pair of boots myself. LOVE the Dan Posts!!

Renee
randommusingslady

Beth Dunn said...

How sweet they were waiting for you!
xoxo
SC