Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A 'thank you' and a gift to me from YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHO!!!!

I thought I was dreamin' when I opened up my email and there, plain as day, was a 'thank you' note from Jennifer Zawadinski of Southern Living magazine telling me she loved - yes she used the word 'loved' - my blog and really appreciated my 'Southern Living Dixie Road Trips'.

And if that wasn't enough to make me feel like I'd died and gone to heaven, she wanted my address so she could send me a gift!

Yesterday I opened the mailbox and sure enough, a package from Southern Living....


I LOVE THESE!!

Three beautiful cookbooks.
As you can see, "Desserts", (self-explanatory),  "Off the Eaten Path" details famous eateries in every state throughout the south, and after reading all three (more than once) I have proclaimed "Comfort Food" my favorite.


A very lovely hand-written note by Jennifer herself....

Dear Kathie,

Thank you so much for your support of Southern Living. We love the reports from your road trips. I'm enclosing our book "Off the Eaten Path" to inspire more jaunts!

                                              Happy driving and eating!

                                               Sincerely,

                                               Jennifer Zawadinski

So, I am more than excited to announce that starting immediately, my Southern Living Dixie Road Trips will now extend beyond the magazine, and will include me checking out as many of the spectacular places featured in "Off the Eaten Path" as I possibly can.

Hmm...wonder if I can fit a treadmill in the back of Dixie Red.

And speakin' of red - those red cowboy boots you've been dreamin' about are going to be given away on Sunday, April 1st.
As in this Sunday!

Til Next Time,

Kathie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your reviews of your "Off the Eaten Path" roadtrips!!

Vickie

I Do Declare said...

I would have been as thrilled as you - so, so thoughtful!

Nezzy said...

Woohoo, what a package and a big old hillbilly CONGRATULATION on the 'road trips'. Yep girlfriend, I can see that treadmill in the back of Big Red now! Heeehehehe!

Nothin' like eatin' your way through the south! :o)

I'm so stinkin' excited for ya!

God bless and have a blissful day sweetie!!! :o)

Rita said...

Congratulations! I just come from visiting Nezzy and had to come and see you.
Rita

Plumrose Lane said...

Found you through the delightfully endearing Nezzy and what a treasure of a find you are!
♥Sharon

Eva Ason said...

Hi Kathie, I was guided to your blog by my friend Nezzy. What a lovely package to receive in the post - Congratulations! Have a fantastic day!

Eva

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

How wonderful!

Cicily Corbett said...

Just a note to say I love your blog! I am a journalist and was directed to it by Ginny Grimsley. I couldn't resist browsing through your older posts.

Chatty Crone said...

I saw you on Nezzy's blog - and came over here to say hello. Love, sandie

MouthyBarberMom said...

Can't wait to see where "Off the Eaten Path" takes you!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Stopping over from the lovely Nezzy's to say hello and congratulations!
jj

Anita said...

I can see why you and Nezzy get along so well. :)

I'm book marking your blog in hopes that I will get back to visit. Also, your book is on my list. I hope it works out that I can read it.

Congratulations!

Tracy said...

How fun is that!? Wow...Nezzy sent me over to catch up with you and so glad I came. I like your blog and look forward to following you...

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathie, What a wonderful gift from SL. Congrats on the road trips.
I am here by way of Nezzy and it is so nice to meet you. I am looing forward to getting your new book too.
Love your blog and now a new follower too.
Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.
Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

fGs said...

That is so cool! I like that the editor sent a handwritten note like a good Southern girl should. I look forward to reading! If you come to Atlanta let me know!

fGs said...

That is so cool! I like that the editor sent a handwritten note like a good Southern girl should. I look forward to reading! If you come to Atlanta let me know!