Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yes, I really do wear cowboy boots the majority of the time..

Even when I wear dresses.
And I almost always wear dresses.


Denim jacket - Gap. Dress, thrift store for $5.00, Red Nocona Boots from PFI Western Store in Springfield, MO


This is an outfit I plan on wearing to the Virginia Gold Cup. The dress is from a vintage store in Georgetown, Cowboy boots from Urban Outfitters, and Hunter boots (in case it's muddy that day)were a STEAL (13.00!) from a thrift store. Hat is from Lord and Taylor

I call this my 'Cowgirl Brooks Brothers' look. Sometimes I think the red boots are a bit too much red, so I'll switch if off with the brown Dan Post's (also from PFI - notice a pattern here?). Big, gigantic pearls are from Banana Republic and I don't wear them too often because they are really heavy.


This is my absolute favorite outfit! LOVE a tulle skirt. 
My Cowgirl Betsy Johnson look.

I would love to tell you this is my 'Cowgirl Lilly Pulitzer' but I don't have any pink boots. So, my goal this summer is to have some specially designed by my buddy Trae at PFI. Maybe they'll have the initials 'HD' stitched on them. Yeah. I like that idea.
Pink Hillbilly Debutante Boots


And while red boots seem to be my signature, these are actually my favorite!

Until Next Time,

Kathie

8 comments:

Brandi Church said...

I absolutely LOVE your "Cowgirl Betsey Johnson" outfit. I wish I could pull off some of your looks!

~Crystal~ said...

Betsey Johnson is one of my absolute favorite designers, so I'm loving that look. And girl....You MUST get you some pink boots!

C'est moi Claudette said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the tulle skirt. I don't wear skirts or belts because of my scoliosis. Makes me look really crooked, lol.... so I stick to little dresses. I do love our outfits, and what do you mean you seem boring compared to me???? I don't think so... not at all. I just read your daily routine. Sounds busy to me. I on the other hand lounge in my P.J.'s most of the time. Clean ones, lol.
Ok you have that double word verification on again. Can't read those at all Kathie. Sorry gf, or I would be here more often.
P.S. I just bought a sweet BJ dress with black frills on the bottom in black and mauve. Can't wait to wear this weekend in Montréal.
Hope you are having a great day.
Love Claudie
xoxoxo

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

Lilly Forever! said...

I love your style! Everyone of the outfits you shared I could imagine myself in. Oh, I am still hoping to win the red boots. Yes, you MUST get some pink ones!

lin yipeng said...

For everyday tasks to complex projects and programs, Microsoft Project 2010 combines powerful planning capabilities with advanced collaboration tools to help your agency set realistic expectations - and manage time, personnel, and resources to stay on time and budget.Project 2010 download gives individual users an intuitive, easy way to lay out tasks and timelines

MouthyBarberMom said...

Love, love, LOVE the tulle skirt!!

Uhmama said...

I have been searching and searching for "red boot" photos to help inspire an outfit to be worn for family pics. ( I recently acquired a pair of perfect red, no stitching, cowboy boots ). We are headed to "the city" in a few days and I was going to look for a black dress, maybe a denim tunic. And then I stumble on your blog and a picture of my "throw on, go anywhere Gap dress! I'm so excited to see if this works for me! Thank you!