Thursday, April 12, 2012

Checking in...


Today was first day of the official "The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe" book tour.


I started off with a radio interview at THE country music station of the Ozarks, KTTS 94.7 on the Bobby and Summer morning show. (I used Summer Stevens name in the book!) We also filmed a few minutes for edit in the first segment of
"The Hillbilly Debutante Show".

I had the day free so my dear friend Sonya drove me all over the Ozark Mountains shooting the scenery, then lunch at the beautiful Big Cedar Lodge, and of course.....shopping.

Then 4:45 we gathered up my books, gave a quick tutorial to my cameragirl Lydia and we headed out to PFI Western Wear - the first book signing of the tour.

It was so much fun!! It's too late to post pictures, but when I get back home I will show you the cute display Kim at PFI made just for me, all using..you guessed it...red boots.

It was great to see two book clubs who've hosted me before, and of course to meet new people as well.

Ruthanne (Aunt Ruthie) from Sugar Pie Farmhouse came!

I'm on cloud nine and I would love to post pictures but it is almost midnight and I have to be up early in the morning to go to Stockton, Missouri to speak to the 4th grade class. Forget beauty sleep - I just don't wanna fall asleep during my talk.

And of course tomorrow night is the First Annual Hillbilly Debutante Ball.

I'll try to post more tomorrow night if I can!

Love to all!

Kathie



6 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can't wait to see pics!!! So glad you are having a great time!!

*waving*

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Della said...

Oh what fun!! Post pictures and enjoy your visit.

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I'm looking forward to photos as well. Don't forget to breath!!

Lilly Forever! said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy!

UGG 5815 Classic BOOTS said...

Besides the superb high quality of design and fashion, Hogan Sale artist men's shoes along using

the artist women's shoes are equally produced so concerning provide you using the optimum of comfort producing Hogan Sale utilization of the greatest high

quality of leather-based on the marketplace to allow the shoe to conform for the foot. Franklin and Marshall The shoes are

founded so properly that you simply can positioned on them for a lot of many years without finding worrying Abercrombie Fitch Online which they will

almost actually positioned on out. Lots of guys choose to decide on even although in the Paul Smith shoes in inclusion

to the Gucci men's shoes,Asics Tiger

Prada men's shoes, Dior men's shoes as well as the squared shoes.