Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pictures from the Hillbilly Debutante Ball

Here are a few pictures from The Hillbilly Debutante Ball.

The wonderful bluegrass and old-timey country music was provided by none other than Southwest Missouri's famous 
Circle S Gang


LOVE these folks and get this  - they played for FREE! Yes, they did! They so graciously played all night for not one dime just to get us started this first year. Can you believe it? Who does that? Good ol' country folk - that's who!

The following pictures are provided by the El Dorado Springs Sun since whoever was shooting pictures with my phone didn't realize they were actually shooting video. Oh, trust me, I would LOVE to upload the videos however they only play, for like, 2 second intervals. Grrrr!



The Hillbilly Debutante herself in her signature red boots!

Miss Missouri (in gold skirt) leading the line dancing.

Me and my date for the evening. Amy loved, loved, loved dancing and I must have burned at least 5,000 calories that evening.


me trying to 'upstage' Miss Missouri - IMPOSSIBLE!

The vittles were provided by....drum roll, please.....


The Rusty Jug, Barbeque and Root Beer Salon


I was soooo excited about having my very first ever 'Old South Jackson' Root Beer invented by Todd Leonard, proprietor of 
The Rusty Jug, which by the way has just won national Root Beer awards! (How cool is that??) But wouldn't you know, I come 1100 miles and he's O-U-T! 
Harumph!

It was such a fun night and while we had a fairly decent crowd we wish more folks would've taken a chance on come on out. 
I think some were a bit nervous not exactly knowing just what the heck a 'Hillbilly Debutante Ball' was supposed to be about. 

I DO have tons of video footage from the first leg of my book tour with my book signing at PFI in Springfield, Missouri, as well as the ball and some other cool things.

Say your prayers, light a candle and cross your fingers because I am gonna give it the ol' college try and put up at least the first episode of "The Hillbilly Debutante Show" this weekend.

Til Next Time,

Kathie



7 comments:

Tracy said...

well how fun was that!

GerryART said...

I've been wearing my cowboy boots but toooo chicken to wear with a girly skirt. :*(
hugs

Lilly Forever! said...

You are just the cutest! I love your outfit - cowboys boots and a frilly skirt! Looks like I missed a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing!!!

fGs said...

You look SO cute!

Farrah

dixiedarlin_81 said...

Kathie you are welcome to any of the pictures that I took too if you want them.

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a fantastic time!!!

PAC

UGG 5815 Classic BOOTS said...

undoubtedly are a superb method of dipping your do it yourself within a little bit of luxury. Kawasaki Fairings Lots of

guys not forgetting women, typically desire of owning and placing on a pair or very much better nonetheless many

pairs of those oh so gorgeous shoes.Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 in the event you have not entered the style earth at current

you could possibly be astonished to discover the fact that artist shoes are not just for girls Asics Tiger Shoesbut you could get instead a

broad range for guys as well which consists of the Paul Smith shoes, Beats By Dr Dre Headphones Squared

shoes, Prada shoes, Dior shoes, Gucci shoes as well as the report goes on.