Thursday, April 5, 2012

You know I love my truck.
But you know what I love even more?


My pink and white bike.

I love the freedom of a bicycle.
As soon as the mercury hits 60 degrees I ride it everywhere. Grocery store, library, farmers market, post office and of course sometimes I ride just to ride...

Today's jaunt was to the Post Office. Living in a metropolitan area I have three post offices to choose from but this one is my favorite.


It's like a quick visit to Mayberry. The postal workers -all two of them know me (and everyone else) by name. When I mail your books and merchandise I do so from here.

(As a matter-of-fact, Miss Shirley from the Ozarks, I mailed your three 'Hillbilly Debutante' t-shirts this morning and you should receive them on Saturday.)

I rode up the ramp to the door, parked at the bench (yes, there is a bench on the porch! So country, huh?) and went in to tend to business.

Afterward I stood at the top of the ramp looking down and I couldn't help but smile at the thought that in my younger days (last year) I would have sped as fast as lightning to the bottom and then turned around and done it again. And again.


I safely walked the bike down the ramp, then hopped on and rode away.

But I won't lie. For one teensy-eensy split second I thought about going back and just for old times sake pedaling back down as fast as I could.

What would you like to go back in time and do if you knew you wouldn't break any bones? Or what would you like to try that you've never tried before?

12 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

The Commander got me a beach cruiser bike the other day. It's got a flat already but you can bet I will be on it tomorrow (flat or not) trying to find a hill to roll down!!!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

fGs said...

Love this post and your bike!

Farrah

Marydon said...

Kathie, I've missed you. Come see MY bike ... a post or two back. Love yours, my friend.

I need to check out your book, sounds great! Congrats!

Happy Easter, sweet lady.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Mrs4444 said...

Here by way of Nezzy's recommendation :) I can hear the kid in your heart through this post.

If I could go back in time, I'd go back to the park at which I spent many an hour jumping to the trapeze and swinging as high as I could before jumping to the ground. :)

L.J. said...

I would go roller skating. I love it but am afraid I'll break something.

Katydid said...

I would be a young girl again with a yard full of cousin's and play Freeze Tag, Hide and Seek or Red Rover until it was too dark to see. Then we would catch lightning bugs!
Kelly

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

I used to climb trees. All the way to the top and sit there letting the wind bend the tree tops...I would do that again...

Elizabeth Martin said...

Hi! I just found your blog and thought I would say "Hey"! Looking forward to reading more posts!

Lilly Forever! said...

This post so inspires me to ride my bike! Have you seen the new Lilly Pulitzer bike? I think you will love it! Happy Easter!

Gail said...

Nezzy sent me...delightful.

GerryART said...

Our post office isn't that far but sad to say all the hills 'round here would do me in.
Brag, brag, we have to post offices. One downtown in the, what else, in the Federal Building. The other 'cross town.
feeling better already this morning,
hugs
Gerry

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

I love your bike! I look at things and think "surely, I can do this... right???" and then I wake up. Thanks for accepting my friend request on FB. Eugeneia and I went to school together back when - well, let's just say it's been a while. :>)

Love your blog. I will be reading as often as I can. Life is busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.