Monday, April 23, 2012

You've asked..I'm tellin'

Kathie, where do you get your inspiration?

Hmm....where do I start?

How about jewelry/overall style
and attitude?


It's gotta be LuLu Kellogg.


 She is quirky, dark and downright scary...


and absolutely the CUTEST thing I've ever seen!
 You can read her blog at http://coastalsisters.blogspot.com . 
Better yet, skip straight to coastalsisters.com and see her fabulous jewelry and belt buckles. 
Plus, she's my fellow crinoline, tu-tu skirt wearing comrade.

Which speaking of crinoline skirts, I've made no secret of my girl-crush on the Junk Gypsies.  

(gypsyville.com)


Then there's Texas Hill Country Designer Robin Brown,
known 'round the world as

Magnolia Pearl



(magnoliapearl.com)


Romantic Farm Style

(countingyourblessings.com)

Daphne Nicole

(I always get tons of compliments on this!)

and of course my favorite style icon...


Sophia

For decorating ideas it's this


and this


but more often than not
this

Oh, come on now! Don't look so shocked!
Some of my favorite treasures have come from junk that people have left on the curb for the trash man - but I'll save that for a future article.

So, I guess the question is: Where do I not find inspiration?


Okay. Never mind.

13 comments:

Della said...

Congratulation's!! I think your the top of the top 12!!! I'm Hollering out a big "Yee-Haw" for Southern junk & all us girls with imaginations & dreams there are no limits!!!

Marydon said...

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!
Trisha H.

randommusingslady said...

I love all the lovely things you've posted but especially Lulu, Junk Gypsies and Magnolia Pearl. That style really does suit you because it outwardly reflects your sweet soul. :) ~Renee (the Random Lady)

trash talk said...

While I can't deliver La LuLu (although rumor has it she's gonna be coming in the fall to the shows), I can offer up introductions to all the others as carrots on a stick. Think of it as a bribe to git yourself on down to Texas!
BTW...if you haven't met LLL face to face...all I can say is Oh Mylanta...she is just like she reads!!!
Deb

Sharon said...

"Find inspiration where you will--but then if it seems to involve more expense than you'd like, find a way to DIY to duplicate the look" is my motto. One of my favorites was a necklace of heart charms I saw in Bloomie's years ago. The idea was beautiful, but the quality wasn't something I admired considering the price. Setting out to do my own through the use of baby Victorian sterling silver hearts found in antique and thrift stores, I did so for less than half of what Bloomie's was asking!

Sharon said...

"Find inspiration where you will--but then if it seems to involve more expense than you'd like, find a way to DIY to duplicate the look" is my motto. One of my favorites was a necklace of heart charms I saw in Bloomie's years ago. The idea was beautiful, but the quality wasn't something I admired considering the price. Setting out to do my own through the use of baby Victorian sterling silver hearts found in antique and thrift stores, I did so for less than half of what Bloomie's was asking!

msbish said...

Remember when I asked you change clothes before I let you go to the mall with me? You came home from England in style but I didn't think small-town Missouri was ready for you!! You've always been a "different" child and I think I'm jealous that I never had the nerve or style to pull it off. Yo'Mama

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oooo, thank you for the shout out! I pink puffy heart you. We truly are birdies of a feather. Twice over.

Off to twirl but in jammie pants. All my Tutu's are now too bug and i have to start shopping for more!

I have a tank from Junk Gypsy that says "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History"...it's my fave!

LuLu~*xoxo

bj said...

OOO, I wish I wasn't so old, I would wear all this cute stuff. !! :)

Are you saying you don't LIKE Mr. Cheney?
Will you still love me if I tell you I am SOOOO a Republican?? :)
hugs and kisses, bj

UGG 5815 Classic BOOTS said...

Attempt to use somewhat a lot more stress to the outdoors of the sole to stop the foot from rolling inwards, also

identified as pronating. MBT Shoes OutletYour physique

will soon alter to this pure energetic rolling movement.

UGG 5815 Classic BOOTS said...

Attempt to use somewhat a lot more stress to the outdoors of the sole to stop the foot from rolling inwards, also

identified as pronating. MBT Shoes OutletYour physique

will soon alter to this pure energetic rolling movement.

UGG 5815 Classic BOOTS said...

Attempt to use somewhat a lot more stress to the outdoors of the sole to stop the foot from rolling inwards, also

identified as pronating. MBT Shoes OutletYour physique

will soon alter to this pure energetic rolling movement.