Thursday, May 24, 2012

♪♫She left the suds in the bucket♪♫ and the clothes hangin' out on the line..♪♫

Despite my slogan "musings of a country girl stuck in the city', I can assure you that I have adjusted quite well to my plight.

It may just surprise you to hear me say this, but I actually enjoy city living. However there are lots of country things I do miss....
the smell of hay, cattle, and horses. The sound of the whippoorwill lulling me to sleep. 

But mostly, I miss the smell of clothes drying on the line. 
Easy enough to rectify....

Ta-da!



Yes, you might be a redneck living in the city if you dry your clothes on the deck....


Does it look tacky? No! 
Maybe?
 Okay - yes!! It does! 

But I don't care because these garments are going to smell heavenly when they're completely dry!

Luckily, I don't live in a subdivision and don't have to adhere to HOA rules. 


And since the deck/backyard are private I don't have to worry about it being an eyesore to the neighbors.

Ahhh, I just love the smell of clothes drying on the line,  hanging off the outdoor furniture. 
Don't you?

6 comments:

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

I do the exact same thing, my porch is covered. I really need to get an actual clothes line.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Funny! My mama hangs her laundry off her deck and she does have neighbors all 'round but when your raised in the country...ya gotta have that smell!

You just decorate your furniture! Heeehehehe!

God bless ya girl and have a fantastic day! :o)

MouthyBarberMom said...

Too Funny. Also resourceful!!

Lilly Forever! said...

I agree! I love the smell of fresh air dried items, especially cotton sheets! I wish I could do it, but we have an HOA.

Sherri Norman said...

Oh Kathy, made me think of my grandma! I can still smell those sheets of hers when you would climb into her bed! Love that smell!

Tammy B said...

I love line dried clothes. I hang my wearing clothes on the shower rod, but it is not the same thing. They don't have that line dried smell. My mother has a clothesline and uses it. She line dries all of her wearing clothes and her sheets.