Friday, May 18, 2012

A Very Special Dixie Road Trip

This months Dixie Road Trip had been planned for nine months. You see, in September of last year I received the sweetest letter from a young fan named Sarah Miller. 

Miss Kathie, I loved your book False Victim. I've read it over several times. I was wondering if you would come to my music concert at the end of the school year. It's in May. I really hope you can come! 
Sarah
xxxxxxxx

It took me all of two seconds to respond:

Dear Sarah, I would love to come. I've got it marked on my calendar and am looking forward to it.
Kathie

Good heavens to Betsy! Anyone who can read that creepy story more than once, let alone 'several' times is a true-blue fan in my book, so there was no way I was going to miss her big day.



And let me tell you this was not your average, run-of-the-mill middle-school concert, thank you very much. Absolutely not. This was such a talented group of kids (husband ran off with camera this weekend or I'd post more pictures) - they sang Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror", songs from grammy winner Adele, and a medley from my favorite - Bruno Mars!

I was amazed! And so very proud of Sarah....which is why I have named her..."Hillbilly Debutante of the Week".


I thought that took a whole lotta 'chutzpah' to find me and actually write to me and invite me. I felt so honored!

I brought along, as a gift, a signed copy of...


and....

front view

back view

Congratulations, Sarah Miller of Fredericksburg, Virginia...

Hillbilly Debutante of the Week!

Do you have a book club or an event you'd like for me to attend? It never hurts to ask..I try to make as many as I can, if it's too far away, there is a good possibility I can join you by phone/skype.

Click on 'books' above to order your copy of 
'The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe', first in a series.

til next time,

Kathie

6 comments:

Doreen McGettigan said...

That is just a great story Kathie..have a blessed weekend!!

Farrah said...

Very cool! Congrats Sarah on your concert!

You're such a sweet friend to be concerned about my ankle. I would do appreciate your prayers! :)

If you come to Birmingham, Nashville, or Atlanta please let me know!

Have a awesome weekend!

Beth Dunn said...

You are so cute! YES a blog get together would be amazing!!! Anne Lake is near Philadelphia and Alice is in CT. I'm close to Philadelphia but will go anywhere really.
xoxo
SC

Lilly Forever! said...

Kathy, what an incredibly thoughtful gesture! I am not surprised! Count me in for the blog get together! Ohio is only a plane ride away ;-)

MouthyBarberMom said...

How sweet of you to go to this young lady's concert!! You both looked adorable!!
xoxo

Bella Michelle said...

I know you made her year!!! What a fun way meet a new friend.

BTW, I just ordered The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe on my Kindle. Can't wait to read it!