Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's time to do what I came to town to do....

I love to write. I live to write. I may be an 'accidental author' but writing is second nature to me and has been since I was in second grade.
However. 
I always joke that when hubby came home and told me he'd been promoted to his Washington, D.C. office that he had to drag me kicking and screaming.
But truth be known, I was excited. You see, I had my own agenda, my own dreams, one great big goal and I had it planned out to the millisecond.
 Rachael had two more years of high school and William was starting first grade. I decided when he entered 5th grade that I would make my move.
However, if you're a regular reader you know that I got a little um....sidetracked.
(If you're not a regular, then go up to 'books' and click on "False Victim". That's our story.)

Well, William is now way past 5th grade, and it's time to put my original plan in motion.

I have always wanted to do this.

I have an associates degree with an emphasis on this, however I've   practiced and known this my entire life and have even consulted in  several aspects.

There is one part I'm a little weak on so I am taking an intense class at the end of the month to brush up. After then, I'll let you know exactly what 'this' is.

I'll still write. I can't imagine never blogging or writing books. But I have waited so long for this and at the end of my life I want no regrets. So here goes. Deep breath.

Luckily, with the success of "False Victim" (much thanks to YOU!) and having such fabulous publicists I don't have to travel as much with "The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe". Besides, most of my travel is on the weekends anyway, which brings to mind!

Kathie Truitt Book Signing
Saturday, June 16th
Kokopelli
149 Main Street
Annapolis, MD
1-4pm

Hope to see you all there!


6 comments:

Marydon said...

Best of success with the book & signing, Kathie.

TTFN ~
Have a lovely eve ~
Huggers,
Marydon

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Excited to find out what "this" is! Are you going to be signing books in Asheville or Charlotte NC? Or Greenville SC? Would love to meet and thank you in person for the red boots!

Anonymous said...

Can I guess? I think I know!
Trisha

Sharon said...

Date of book signing at Kokopelli?

Doreen said...

Go for 'This'...

Anonymous said...

Okay, I HOPE it is film-making so that you can turn your fabulous books into movies!! Fingers crossed!
Trisha Hamilton (your biggest fan!)