Friday, June 22, 2012

So here's what I've been doing....

I have been busy studying for my test for which I hinted about in my last post. 
Fun!

And I've also been filling out paper work to have my 'record' expunged. 
Not fun.

Now before you judge me and stomp off  with a 'harumph' because you assume I'm some hardened criminal, you need to read my first novel, 'False Victim'  - and yes this is most definitely me taking an opportunity to make a selfish plug for my book - or at least one of them. 
Aw heck, while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and plug 'The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe' too. If you haven't read either one, then I suggest you start with FV first, then go The HD Cafe
Trust me. 
After 'False Victim' you'll need a laugh.

But I digress. 

 Anyway, after I filled out the paperwork I then went to the sheriff's office and got 'fingerprinted'. 
My court date is July 20th.
Huge celebration to follow!

July is almost here!
 I just realized it's the 16-year-anniversary of being crowned
 Mrs. Missouri 
and I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of that. 

 July also marks the 50th year of my birth.
 While most women fuss about getting older I have to be perfectly honest and tell you that 
I LOVE it!
But that's for another time....

Do you twitter? 
If so, then you can follow me at 
@ktruitt.

Facebook?
Of course you do! 
Everybody 'facebooks.'
I'm...what else?.....
'Hillbilly Debutante'

How's YOUR summer going?

Please leave a comment and tell me all about it.

Til next time,

Kathie











3 comments:

Tracy said...

I am waiting for my husband to come home on leave. He is currently deployed & was supposed to be hear June 26th, now they say the 27th. Our 20th wedding anniversary is the 29th. That's military life for you!

Other than that I have been working on my house and yard. :)

Lilly Forever! said...

Hi Kathy! Sounds like you are onto something great with your new "plan". I hope you enjoy a wonderful birthday. Trust me 50 was great - it is attitude, attitude, attitude and you my friend, have a wonderful attitude!
Have a wonderful summer!

randommusingslady said...

SO happy you're getting your record expunged! You don't deserve that. As for me, I'm counting down the days (12) til my weekend getaway with my friends. Going to Lake Cypress Springs, TX for some fishing, boating & much needed time with friends. Might even take my notebook for some writing. Btw, you're a FABulous 50!! : )