Monday, July 9, 2012

Book Tour Schedule for Los Angeles


August 3rd, 4th and 5th I'll be on book tour in Los Angeles, California. I am so excited! I've never been there.

 So L.A. I have but one question for you?
Are you ready for this Virginia cowgirl? 

 (I got my 'Hollywood' hair cut because you KNOW once all those A-list stars hear that I'm gonna be there they'll come out in droves.) 
I would give my right arm - well, maybe not my right arm, but definitely my big toe for Ellen DeGeneres to show up!!
I LOVE her!! Seriously folks, The Ellen Show is the last program on television that is nothing but good, pure, clean fun....kind of like my latest novel (not to toot my own horn, mind you)
'The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe'




We may have lost our beloved Andy last week, but Mayberry, RFD, does still exist and if you need reminding of that, then you'll definitely like 'The HD Cafe.'



Fans have told me that after reading it they want to pack up and drive straight to El Dorado Springs, Missouri. 

And some of you even have!! 

If you do that you MUST tell them that you read 'The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe'. The townspeople love hearing that. Consider yourselves forewarned and plan accordingly - these are the friendliest people you've ever met and they'll probably wanna invite you home and give you a tall, 
cold-sweaty glass of sweet iced tea and insist you stay for supper. (Yes, they still call it 'supper').

I might add that if you're plannin' a trip soon, (to those of you who've read the book, if you'll remember from the chapter titled, 
'The Picnic'), the annual 'Picnic' takes place July 18th, 19th and 20th. 
The Picnic is the best time to go!

I'll be prepping for my L.A. trip so I won't be able to attend this year (boo!)

But speaking of L.A. here is my schedule:

Friday, August 3rd 
Barnes and Noble (Glendale)
7-10pm

Saturday, August 4th
Barnes and Noble (Glendora)
1-3

Sunday, August 5th
Barnes and Noble (Chino Hills)
1-3


 Ellen, if you and Portia wanna come on out we'll take y'all to dinner - our treat!


And hey - Channing Tatum or Tom Selleck - if you guys wanna come to I'm sure we can find room at the table for y'all, too.

Til Next Time,
Kathie

UPDATE: My husband just read this and said neither Channing Tatum nor Tom Selleck should bother stopping by.....swoon - after 30 years he still gets jealous. I love that man.









7 comments:

Javamom said...

Cute, cute, Kathie! Reminds me of (a blonde) Angelica Houston. :-)

Have a good trip!

MouthyBarberMom said...

LOVE the hurr!!
xoxo
Mac

Farrah said...

Have fun!!!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

So glad you said hello on my blog. Now I'm following you. I'd love to read your books. I'll have to get a copy. Love your haircut too...very Louise Brooks!

Anonymous said...

Ur friendly flight attendant that took u to California here again, what was the name of ur first book again..I've been looking everywhere

Kathie Truitt said...

Well hello there sweet flight attendant. The name of the book is False Victim. It can be found in book stores or Kindle. For some reason it wasn't available on Nook but the publisher is fixing that as we speak. Stay in touch. I now follow you on Twitter.

windows 7 enterprise activation key said...

The application description reads, Do you think windows upgrade key you're pondering about switching to Windows Phone and wish a handy solution to migrate your app encounters above? Glimpse no further, Home windows 7 anytime upgrade key windows Mobile phone has an application for that!